abrahansen v3.0, electrocompaniet ec-3, emotiva usp-1 or music angel"marantz7"

HPM-1100

Medlem
26 Aug 2010
abrahansen v3.0, electrocompaniet ec-3, emotiva usp-1 or music angel"marantz7"

Hello, i need a pre amplifier for my emotiva xpa-2 power amp in order to drive my hpm-1100 speakers.

one of these is going to be!

abrahansen v3.0
electrocompaniet ec-3
emotiva usp-1
music angel"marantz7" tube pre

but wich i am not sure, should a electrocompaniet pre amp go well with the xpa-2?

its easy to just go with the usp-1 but would any of the others be nicer with the xpa-2?

i would really apreciate some help with this...thank you.

mvh

Niels Nielsen

Medlem
28 Jun 2003
Your choices go from cheap to almost three times that. The ec-3 can be had for around 2000,-NOK.
What are you looking for? How many inputs? Do you need balanced in/outputs? Remote control?
I would go tubed, but not the Music Angel you linked to.

HPM-1100

Medlem
26 Aug 2010
i am looking for a pre amp that would give a warm and opened sound and that would be a good match for the xpa-2. i have read, that was the electrocompaniet kind of sound.

the ec-3 for 2000- looks like a good deal and it has a phono input!

but of course i would like a tubed pre but i dont know very well what to look for and where to find them. i really apreciate some tips on this. my budget is around 3000 kr.

remote control would be nice, inputs, 3 or 4. dont need balanced inputs.

thank you.

Lovemusikk

Medlem
13 Des 2007
Knarvik rett nordom Bergen
HPM-1100 skrev:
i am looking for a pre amp that would give a warm and opened sound and that would be a good match for the xpa-2. i have read, that was the electrocompaniet kind of sound.

the ec-3 for 2000- looks like a good deal and it has a phono input!

but of course i would like a tubed pre but i dont know very well what to look for and where to find them. i really apreciate some tips on this. my budget is around 3000 kr.

remote control would be nice, inputs, 3 or 4. dont need balanced inputs.

thank you.
music angel

Lovemusikk

Medlem
13 Des 2007
Knarvik rett nordom Bergen
Niels Nielsen skrev:
Yes, Music Angel is a good choice, have to think again here...sorry. I really thought it was more expensive but seeing the price I just cant believe it.
ONLINE MART Categories : : Pre Amplifier
Here is the EC I mentioned, not in mint condition however:
Electrocompaniet ec-3 Preamplifier - FINN Torget
:) :) :)
One can get even better sound by changing tubes on it, and show you see in the thread I link to you will find a lot.

Here's a Norwegian forum for Music Angel, originally intended for kt88 amplifier, but for all brands.
Here are people who can help you with everything. :)

Music Angel

HPM-1100

Medlem
26 Aug 2010
thank you for the good tips.

the marantz 7 music angel pre amp seems to me the best option and a nice price from hong kong. hope there is no trouble in buying it in this site.

my question now is, will it go well with my emotiva? i am not sure about this impedance thing. the xpa-2 has an imput impedance of 23.5 kohm.

i find it hard to get information on the music angel output. i wonder if it will go well with the emotiva