Vi skrev om Oppos "altetende" Blu-ray-spiller BDP-83 første gang i desember i fjor. Siden den gang har mange ventet på at den allsidige spilleren skal komme i salg, og i sommer ble den da også tilgjengelig i USA.

Siden har vi ventet i spenning på Europa-lanseringen, som har latt vente på seg. Nå melder Oppo at lanseringen av spilleren, som skulle hete BDP-831 i Europa, er utsatt på ubestemt tid. Trolig betyr det at spilleren likevel ikke kommer i salg på denne siden av Atlanteren.

Ifølge Oppos britiske nettside skal det være flere grunner til avgjørelsen, men sentralt står manglende ressurser på supportsiden.

– After careful evaluation of the resources available, it has been determined that the release of the OPPO BDP-831 Blu-ray Disc player in Europe will be postponed indefinitely. [...]

– Customer support and satisfaction are the cornerstones of OPPO, and with the currently available resources, unfortunately we will not be able to equally serve all our European customers with the release of the BDP-831.

Det er en skuffende avgjørelse, men noen har nok skaffet seg BDP-83 allerede via direkte import fra USA. Det er naturligvis fortsatt en mulighet.
Ingen Oppo-Blu-ray for Europa - Audiovisuelt.no

Internet-only AV brand Oppo has scrapped plans to launch the European version of its BDP-831 universal Blu-ray player. Tested in the latest Home Cinema Choice (#175), the SACD/DVD-Audio-playing deck was expected to be available for order yesterday from the company's new UK-centric website www.oppostore.co.uk, however this statement is all that welcomes potential customers:

'After careful evaluation of the resources available, it has been determined that the release of the OPPO BDP-831 Blu-ray Disc player in Europe will be postponed indefinitely. It is with sincere regret that we have to make this difficult decision. However, we feel that this is in the best interest of our customers and quality standards.

'Customer support and satisfaction are the cornerstones of OPPO, and with the currently available resources, unfortunately we will not be able to equally serve all our European customers with the release of the BDP-831. Language barriers, shipping constraints, and our ability to quickly, efficiently, and accurately support our valuable European customers undermine the quality standards expected of OPPO.

'We apologize to the customers who love and support OPPO all along and have been waiting for the release of BDP-831 patiently, and hope we can come back with better planning and resources in the future to serve our customers the best.'

There are no contact details posted and it is currently unknown whether other Oppo products will be made available to UK customers in the near future. HCC is also waiting to hear back from Oppo on whether the US operation will export its US-edition BDP-83 player to European buyers.

To find out more about the Oppo BDP-831, and why we urge Oppo to reconsider its decision, check out Home Cinema Choice #175 for a full, expansive review, and click here for the HCC video hands-on test.

Oppo postpones BDP-831 universal Blu-ray deck indefinitely | Home Cinema Choice