Sep 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Pioneer DV-868avi Ny kalibrering.

Carl Sundbom på AVS forum har nylig gjort en måling av HDMI på Pioneer DV-868avi og har kommet frem til følgende kalibreringstips:
    Jeg poster kopi av innleggene hans nedenfor med link.

Gjør som følger:

Video adjust
    |
    Memory 1 - 2 eller 3
    |
    Detail settings
    |
    Skift Memory (1-2eller3) til DIRECT
    |
    White level; helt til venstre(min. setting)
    |
    Black level; ett hakk til venstre(mot min.)
    |
    Black setup; 7.5 IRE
    |
    HDMI Adjust; Enhanced

Alle andre settings lar du stå som de er.

Min erfaring er at hvis du laster dette inn i to memory set, kan du med fordel
    ha ett sett med lavere Chroma Level for bedre hudtoner for filmer med høy fargemetning.

Dette forandrer ikke fabrikkinstillingene på Natural, Enhanced og Direct.

Pio 868 heter Elite 59avi og
    Pio 989 heter Elite 79avi i USA

Intermediate ARTY sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Kpoi av innlegget på AVS

Link til tråden.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=42&pp=30

28 0kt. - 05

Hi, all. Being the proud owner of this player myself, I thought I share one of my findings. I'm running the latest revision of the software.

The player suffers from white crush over HDMI in the default setting. All white information over 235 gets discarded. I've been measuring the HDMI port data, and found one, and only one, setting where the player behaves like it should. That is, outputting reference HDMI-Video levels, no black crush, no white crush and no compression of the signal range.

In the Video Adjust menu:

White Level: All the way to the left (min setting)
    Black Level: One notch down from center settings (towards min)
    Black Setup: 7.5 IRE
    HDMI Color Adjust: Enhanced

All other settings as default for the "HDMI Direct" preset.

This is valid for 480i over HDMI only, I haven't tried any other output modes, since I use an external scaler.

http://www.ny-calibration.com

Intermediate ARTY sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Videre begrunnelser fra Carl Sundbom

Link til tråden:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=43&pp=30

2 nov.-05

What settings do what?
    I did some work tonight, and these are my findings.

Tools:
    Firmware revision of DVD Player: 1.526
    Test patterns: Avia Pro IRE window patterns (from 2.5 IRE to 108.5 IRE)
    Video black defined as 7.5 IRE, nominal white as 100 IRE, peak white 108.5 IRE.
    Represents DVD content luma values from 6 to 254.
    Data analyzer: Lumagen VisionHDP scaler IRE readout feature

Standard vs. Enhanced "HDMI Color Adjust": The "Standard" mode prevents output of any values lower than 16 or higher than 235 over the HDMI port. Assuming we are trying to output what's on the DVD, the only way to make this happen in "Standard" mode is to compress the dynamic range from 1-254 to 16-235 by using the black/white level controls to cram the BtB and WtW content into the 16-235 range. Not recommended, since we will lose fidelity. You will be able to see BtB and WtW if you do this, but you will lose grayscale steps in the middle.

"Enhanced" mode will allow us to output any value from 1-254. Now we just need to map the video black to 16 and nominal white to 235 (still preserving the WtW content up to 254). Since my testing concluded that we need "Enhanced" HDMI Color Adjust to get us in the ballpark, let's look at the other settings.

There is an interaction between the "Black Level" control and the "IRE Set up" control. You can achieve almost the same results by leaving "IRE Set up" at 0, and compensate by raising the "Black Level" control as you can be setting "IRE Set up" to 7.5. However, it's not perfect, and black will end up being a little off from its standard value (a little higher or lower than 16, depending on "Black Level" setting). Setting "IRE Set up" to 7.5 and lowering the black level one notch gets us to perfect video black (luma 16 over HDMI). This will also preserve most of the BtB content (80-90% in my estimation).

The "White Level" control in its default setting will re-sample all content over 235 to whatever the maximum value is. For "Standard", this will be 235, so everything over 235 will be output as 235. For "Enhanced" this will be 254, so everything over 235 will be output as 254. This will also "stretch" the rest of the grayscale, so all values will be too high. Lowering the "White Level" to it's leftmost position will preserve all the steps between 235 and 254. The "stretching" of the grayscale is also avoided to a large degree.

The settings I ended up with are the same as the ones I listed earlier. They are as close as I could get, but they're not perfect. There is still a slight "stretch". A value of 6 on the DVD would be output as 5 or 4, and a value of 251 on the DVD would be output as 254. There is clearly some re-sampling going on, no matter what settings are used. I doubt this will have any real effects watching a movie. An SDI mod may be the only way to get the 59-Avi to output a pristine "DVD perfect" signal, but from what I've seen so far, this is one heck of a player.

http://www.ny-calibration.com

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •