Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Philips 47PFL9603 or Samsung LE46A656??

Hi,
    I'm not sure if its OK to post in English on this forum. My norwegian is very poor, but I can use Google Translate for your replies and understand well enough

Would be really grateful if you could help me with this choice..

Can you please tell me which one of these two LCD TVs - Philips 47PFL9603 or Samsung LE46A656 is the better one?

I would be using the TV for
    - viewing SD/HD Channels through the cable digibox
    - watching Blu-rays over PS3 and light to medium PS3 gaming
    - as an external monitor for Acer 5920G laptop - HD-DVD content
    - watching upscaled DVDs on Sony DVD Player
    - Wii & PS2 gaming

I am in Norway and the Samsung TV is available at Netshop for 10990. The Philips is available for 13995 from Siba, but has a cash-back in 6-9 weeks, so I would end up spending 11495 for the Philips as well.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sunny. 8)

Intermediate Vincent_vega sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hi, the Philips 47pfl9603 is the best lcd in my opinion.

My father in law has the samsung LE46A656 and it is not by far in the same class as the philips set. The 9603 is better in any circumstances you can compare them with. You are definitely not throwing your cash out of the window if you go for Philips

I use my 47" 9603 for ps3 games and blu-ray movies also...

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    The Philips set is KING. Go for it, dude!

The other one is shit, stay away from it. Ok it's not shit, but it's certainly not of the same quality by a long shot.

Best of luck with your purchase! 8)

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Well, our beloved forum-members have spoken.

You can choose between;

A.) SHIT

and

B.) KING

I say... Go for KING! BS aside, though; The 47PFL9603H is a beauty. I've seen it, and it's razor sharp, fast and bursting with phenomenal colors. It's a no-brainer and a sure bet! Go for it, buddy!

*laughs* I just have to laugh at the "level" we're at here on this forum. "That other one is shit!". Very professional indeed. It did made me laugh, though. I mean, I'm laughing With you guys. Not at ya!

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    It was a close call for me, but the 'bleedin' edge' on DLNA and RSS that Samsung claims to have isn't really that great. Either wait for the technology to evolve or get a good screen now and a better supply of media in addition.

I just got my 47PFL9603H recently and I'm shocked over the (low) quality of SD content, although that just demonstrates the low quality of the signal standard.

The 9603 is a good set and the ambilight is so cool , assuming you have it with the back against a wall. If you're buying something like this over here, I'm assuming you're staying for a while; welcome! And don't mind the norwegians.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Thanks for all your replies. So I'm inclined to buy the Philips now thanks to all your recommendations.

But I see its out of stock on the Siba website and in their Oslo varehus as well.

I found the same cashback offer on an internet shop netonnet.no. Is this a reliable shop in terms of delivery and after-service/returns? Also, since the Philips cash back is offered by the company - does it matter which retailer I buy the TV from? Some websites do not advertise the cashback - like Komplett.no. Please advise

And yes, I don't mind the Norwegians at all They are all very helpful!! Tusen Takk

MVH,
    Sunny

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hey son, go to netonnet and order your tv set from them ASAP. They're reliable and bleedin' fast. I got my own set from them after 2 days - delivered on my door step.

It's a no-brainer, really.

So, as another forum member here said: we give high quality advice for kings and beggars. We should really be getting paid by you for our consultant services. Errrr, only joking of course.

That's joking, not joiking. Have you had the pleasure of listening to any bleeding saami joik yet?

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    The product has been taken off the Siba and NetonNet site already I called up NetonNet and they have some in stock but they are going to send them to Sweden and sell them there!!

Komplett doesn't have them in stock either and is not certain if they will be in before the cashback deadline *8th March*.

So I guess I can't buy it at that price any more ( Any ideas?

Newcomer Thomas87 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    May 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    My buddy is going to buy the same Philips as you with the cashback-system, it's a really great deal! I almost wish I hadn't bought my Samsung LE46A656 last year for 16K (with clouding).

But for the Siba problem - just go over there and order it. You will get it from them to the same price when they get it in stock. My buddy paid 450,- in deposit yesterday, and Siba promised he will have the TV on friday or saturday, with the cashback-guarantie of course! If I were you, I would do the same. Much easier to deliever/repair if something should go wrong if you buy it from a 'physical' store. By the way, he bought it from Siba on Alexander Kiellands Plass.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I spoke to the lady at Siba Alexander Kjellands Plass just now - they just have the demo model in stock and they are not expecting any new ones (which was confirmed by the customer service rep at Siba on phone as well) They have taken the product off their website. I'm in a dilemma whether I should buy the demo model from them

Medlem siden
    May 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av marvelsun
    I spoke to the lady at Siba Alexander Kjellands Plass just now - they just have the demo model in stock and they are not expecting any new ones (which was confirmed by the customer service rep at Siba on phone as well) They have taken the product off their website. I'm in a dilemma whether I should buy the demo model from them
    That was strange.. Because yesterday I, myself, saw the order confirmation/reciept my buddy got from Siba when he paid the deposit. I must guess all the incoming TV's are already sold out? :???:

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Maybe I'll make another trip to the store and ask them to book it for a deposit and see what they say..

Before noon, the product was on the Siba site, showing remaining stocks in Liertoppen and some other stores outside Oslo.. the customer service guy told me I could drive to Lier and buy it from there (which I cannot because I don't have a vehicle yet ) But anyway, now it is totally gone from their website. Same with Netonnet.no!

Medlem siden
    May 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    But if you're going to buy the demo-model - be sure to make them hold it for you, and go down there and check the TV for scratches and on the plastic and screen. I was often at Siba at Alexander Kiellands Plass before, and I can't say they take good care of their demo-TV's.. For example, when I was checking out the Samsung LE46A656, it was all full of deep scrathes over the whole TV. Looked like they had used a stiff paper cloth to clean it.

But that was some months ago, they may have become better on that now, I'm not sure.

Medlem siden
    May 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Maybe I'll make another trip to the store and ask them to book it for a deposit and see what they say..

Before noon, the product was on the Siba site, showing remaining stocks in Liertoppen and some other stores outside Oslo.. the customer service guy told me I could drive to Lier and buy it from there (which I cannot because I don't have a vehicle yet ) But anyway, now it is totally gone from their website. Same with Netonnet.no!
    Yeah, you could give it a try. If you don't get it, then you at least now you did whatever you could to get hold of it.
    Since my buddy was at their store and got it yesterday, it is hope Maybe they do more for customers who are inside their store? :?:

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I called up Siba Furuset as well. They do not have any in stock. They got a delivery yesterday which got sold out in a couple of hours. They are not willing to take booking orders with deposit before the stock arrives. So I have asked them to inform me when they get fresh stock.

I will go to the other store at Alexander Kjellands in the afternoon and try to book one there.

Thanks for your help and support

Medlem siden
    May 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    No problem, hope you end up getting the TV!

Update us on how it goes

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I've been to Siba at Kiellands Plass and asked for 5 different sets on different occasions - none of which they've had in stock and they couldn't tell me when they would.

The last time I was there I was literally itching to get one and the lack of help made me go right home and order from netonnet.no. This was on wednesday and I got it on tuesday. I have no complaints and it seems netonnet is a serious dealer. It was sent from sweden, but they immediately sent me an email confirming the purchase and then later with the ID of the package so I could track it with tollpost.

Remember that the box is HUGE, the dimensions are W:1292 D:340 & H:930. (that's the 47PFL9603H) You're not getting that in a regular car.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    No luck at Siba Alexander Kjellands Plass.. apparently they have already booked too many for delivery from the next lot, so they aren't taking any more bookings. I have given the sales rep my contact info in case they have some extra left after the booking fulfilment from the next batch.. fingers crossed!!

Do you guys know any other place where I can get this deal? Siba, NetonNet and Komplett are the three stores which have/had this model at 13995 NOK. And all three don't have it in stock.

Medlem siden
    May 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    No luck at Siba Alexander Kjellands Plass.. apparently they have already booked too many for delivery from the next lot, so they aren't taking any more bookings. I have given the sales rep my contact info in case they have some extra left after the booking fulfilment from the next batch.. fingers crossed!!

Do you guys know any other place where I can get this deal? Siba, NetonNet and Komplett are the three stores which have/had this model at 13995 NOK. And all three don't have it in stock.
    I'm sorry to hear. I guess my buddy must have been really lucky and probarly got one of the last.

I have unfortunately not heard about any other shops than those you mentioned.

Good luck with the "hunting"

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    The product has been taken off the Siba and NetonNet site already I called up NetonNet and they have some in stock but they are going to send them to Sweden and sell them there!!

Komplett doesn't have them in stock either and is not certain if they will be in before the cashback deadline *8th March*.

So I guess I can't buy it at that price any more ( Any ideas?
    Is there something I am not getting here? - I thought as long as you PURCHASE the tv before the 8th, you are good for the cashback thing! I puchased mine (though it is not yet in stock) on the 25th of February, which means the receipt should be good for it! I mean, because it was printed on the 25th!

Side 1 av 2 1 2 SisteSiste

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •