Dec 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

BBC in Trondheim

Please forgive me for writing in English. I partly understand what I read but cannot write in Norwegian yet.

My employer wants to send me to his companies' division in Trondheim next year and my wife is worried that she won't be able to watch BBC television anymore. Um, BBC meaning BBC1&2 and not BBC Prime.

I'm not familiar with satellite television at all but from what I gather it will be difficult to connect to a satellite with BBC in Trondheim. Please can you tell me what possibilities I have? A satellite with Sky digital might be possible but I suppose I'd need a skybox and probably also an address in the UK to subscribe to that service?

Also, is it allowed at all in Norway to put a satellite dish on your appartment? During a very short visit I saw none, but I only had time to look around when it was already dark outside.

Thanks a lot,
    Ianto

Active uncle sid sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I do not think it is possible to get bbc in trondheim. Her is the footprint of the astra 2d.

Astra 2D at 28.2°E - LyngSat Maps

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Aug 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Here is footprint in reality.

Reception Reports - KingOfSat

Active
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Ianto
    Please forgive me for writing in English. I partly understand what I read but cannot write in Norwegian yet.

My employer wants to send me to his companies' division in Trondheim next year and my wife is worried that she won't be able to watch BBC television anymore. Um, BBC meaning BBC1&2 and not BBC Prime.

I'm not familiar with satellite television at all but from what I gather it will be difficult to connect to a satellite with BBC in Trondheim. Please can you tell me what possibilities I have? A satellite with Sky digital might be possible but I suppose I'd need a skybox and probably also an address in the UK to subscribe to that service?

Also, is it allowed at all in Norway to put a satellite dish on your appartment? During a very short visit I saw none, but I only had time to look around when it was already dark outside.

Thanks a lot,
    Ianto

Hi, i get BBC in southern part of Troms with 1,4m prime dish with invacom 0,3db c-120 lnb with motor, so i think it is possible in your area too.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av K.K.
    Here is footprint in reality.

Reception Reports - KingOfSat
    OK, just to be sure that I understand this: the graphic means that I'll need at least a 120-140cm dish? Right, even if there aren't too many measurements for Norway it at least is mildly positive. Thanks a lot for that link.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av denny 68
    Hi, i get BBC in southern part of Troms with 1,4m prime dish with invacom 0,3db c-120 lnb with motor, so i think it is possible in your area too.
    Hello Denny,

thanks a lot. That sounds very good eventhough I'm not quiet sure what the technical things you mention mean. But at least that's some good news indeed :-D

Do you think there will be a problem using a dish when living in an appartment? Personally I'd prefer living in the city rather than outside eventhough I'll probably have less space and a higher rent.

edit: Oh Troms, you mean the place in the North of Norway and not a kind of local name for Trondheim, is it? Sorry, little misunderstanding then ops:

Ianto

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    It is possible.. But you need a dish quite a bit larger than 1 meter afaik.
    Most of the sky channels on the other hand works just fine even with a smaller dish.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Ianto
    Do you think there will be a problem using a dish when living in an appartment? Personally I'd prefer living in the city rather than outside eventhough I'll probably have less space and a higher rent.
    Depends.. I would ask about it before renting anything.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    You will need a 1.8 m dish to get stabile signals on BBC1-BBC4, ITV1 and ITV2+1 in Trondheim, even with a dish this size you will have trouble getting ITV2-4 (vertical transponders are weaker).
    Living in an apartment, especially near the town center, you can not expect your landlord to accept a dish this big.
    I myself have a 1.8 m dish and receive these channels in Trondheim. I have also tested with a 1.2m dish, then the signals are on the limit and not stabile at all, not recommendable.
    By the way: I agree with your wife BBC is the best!

bfk in Trondheim

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •