Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av hjalmarjalla
    Fikk høre på HFK idag at den kom til å koste 35k
    Jaja, fortsatt under 50k . som du nevnte tidligere :P. MEn fytte grisen, den burde jaggu meg gjøre underverker!! :S.

Intermediate hjalmarjalla sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Fant dette på NAD sin profil på Facebook: Questions for NAD? | Facebook

"Dmitri wrote on July 13, 2009 at 10:48

I have a question about the new M15 HD pre-pro. This is something a lot of people on AVS forum want to know.
    Does M15 HD have an automated calibration and setup routine based on Audyssey MultEQ XT?
    The information made available so far seems very confusing. On one hand, M15 HD is apparently using the same 200 series cards as T175 HD, and T175 HD has the MultEQ XT. But on the other hand, NAD web site seems to suggest that M15HD only has MultEQ Pro, which means that Audyssey room correction is only available to the user if he uses the services of a professional installer (and invests a lot more money).
    It is also not clear if M15 HD has dynamic EQ and dynamic volume.

Can you please clarify this for all NAD fans impatiently waiting for M15 HD to become available?

Post #48
    2 replies

NAD Electronics replied to Dmitri's poston July 13, 2009 at 1:32pm

Hi Dmitri,

It was a design decision not to include a microphone preamp in the high end M15HD product. Therefore Audyssey automated calibration is not available out of the box. In addition to the Audyssey Pro option there will be a kit available for purchase which includes a high quality preamp and microphone (better then what comes with thew T175HD) and will enable an end user to perform the Audyssey automatic calibration. The thought there being that most users will want to get this hi-end unit installed by a professional instead of doing it themselves. That being said there are a lot of handy people that could handle this kind of set-up themselves, thats why a better quality mic and pre-amp will be made available.

The M15HD includes both Audyssey Volume and DynamicEQ. These both work with or without an initial calibration however to take best advantage of dynamic EQ you want your absolute levels to be setup correctly. This can be done either by tweaking your speaker levels to 75 dB C weighted using an SPL meter and the NAD test tones or by doing the Audyssey automatic calibration."

"Dmitri replied to NAD Electronics's poston July 14, 2009 at 2:02pm

Thank you for a quick and informative answer!

The problem with professional calibration is that it has to be repeated (and more $$$ paid) every time anything changes in the system or the room.

Can you give us an idea on pricing for the calibration kit and if it will be available immediately at the time of M15HD release or some time later? I am assuming that it will include the licence key from Audyssey needed for accessing "pro" features?

Post #52
    NAD Electronics replied to Dmitri's poston July 16, 2009 at 7:30am
    Hi Dmitri,

Depending on where you live in the world the pro kit "should" be available around the time of the M15HD launch.

It will come with a pre-amp and mic, that will allow for 32 different listening positions."

"Paul replied to NAD Electronics's post18 hours ago

Hi NAD,

As one of many pespective buyers of the M15HD I think the design decision not to include microphone pre-amp and the auto setup was a very poor one. The though that most users would have this professionally installed is ill conceived and has not really given consideration to the demographic of NADs custom base.

Personally, as a long time supporter of NAD with many generations of products, this decision alone has seen me looking at other brands which at this stage I am leaning towards. Unless the accompanying amp/mircophone setup mentioned is packaged, or at very least suitable priced (read subsidised considering the ~8k cost here of the M15HD) my almost blind faith and love affair with NAD is likely to be over.

Post #58
    NAD Electronics replied to Paul's post7 hours ago
    Hi Paul,

I understand your position completely in this regard. I have passed your well written comments onto the people within the company that make these kind of decisions. Thanks for letting us know how you feel, and I hope this will not end your "love affair with NAD ".

Intermediate spoonfeedme sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Apr 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Blir ikke akkurat billig til slutt denne saken...

Active
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Da jeg så Coming products hos HFK igår, stod M15HD priset til 29998,-

Fortsatt way over mitt budsjett iallefall men

Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    "NAD Electronics replied to Dmitri's poston August 12, 2009 at 9:29am
    Hi Dmitri and Paul,

About Audyssey and the M15 HD

We have had some inquiries recently about why we do not include Audyssey MultEQ XT in the M15 HD. NAD was one of the first adopters of Audyssey MultEQ XT and we were quite involved with the development of this system and are very aware of both the benefits and the limitations of this version of Audyssey.

The M15 HD is the most sophisticated piece of equipment we make and we decided to opt for the higher resolution Audyssey MultEQ Pro system. MultEQ Pro needs to be professionally installed for best results. However the M15HD can be installed and set up without the use of Audyssey Room Calibration.

We understand that the lack of a microphone and a pre-amplifier for set-up would at first look to be an oversight, but MultEQ Pro requires a higher quality calibrated microphone, and uses a PC (instead of the on-board DSP) to form the higher resolution room correction filters. It is not recommended that consumers do this set up and a kit for installers will be available.

As mentioned, a system that includes the technology involved in the M15 HD should be professionally calibrated, so we feel this is the correct way to support consumers buying a system of this quality. The end result of the room correction is totally dependent on the accuracy of the room measurement.

We will release details to our distributor on this shortly and we intend to work with them so that they stock the set up kit required as soon as it is available.

As Far as availability goes, all I can say is that the M15HD is now in production. So it should be along soon."

Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    NEWS: NAD Introduces Modular Design Construction in Top A/V Components | AVguide

"At CEDIA Expo 2009, high performance A/V component manufacturer NAD Electronics plans to announce its distinctive “Modular Design Construction” architecture, which, according to a company press release, will be incorporated “into select NAD A/V Receivers and Preamp-Processors,” as well as in yet-to-be-released new NAD components. The concept behind the Modular Design Construction architecture is elegant, sophisticated and timely.

The Modular Design Construction architecture will premiere in its most full-fledged form “in NAD’s Masters Series with the introduction of the M15HD Surround Sound Preamplifier.”

Intermediate marsboer sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Har ikke NAD kjørt enkelte av receiverne sine med moduler en god stund allerede da? Eller har de nå funnet et annet prinsipp som i praksis forelder og forkaster eventuelle fremtidige oppgraderinger på de eksisterende receiverne?

Intermediate Gratulerer sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Jeg tror nok bare det er en slags repitisjon av de gamle nyhetene, siden det nå er mulig å kjøpe nye moduler til 7X5-modellene. Jeg var forøvrig ikke klar over at M15 HD er modulbasert. Det var en gledelig nyhet, og betyr at den er konstruert helt på nytt fra bunnen av. Spennende!

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    May 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Flotte greier

Har ventet lenge på denne nå. HFK trondheim har lovet at den skal komme nå i september. Min M15 kommer da for salg. Blir spennede å se om det går å få kalibrert dette skikkeklig opp etter hvert. Jeg trodde det skulle være med mic, men ser nå at dette er tillegsutstyr. Det er veldig synd. Håper klubben kjøper inn kit for utlån da.. Hadde egentlig vært greit å hatt dette hele tiden. Noen som hvet hvordan dette fungerer? Enkelt?

Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    "The 2009 CEDIA (Custom Electronics Design and Installation Association) Expo is only a month away, and I'm starting to get lots of press releases about products that will be introduced there. Many of these announcements are under embargo until the show, but here's one that isn't—the M15HD surround preamp/processor from respected Canadian manufacturer NAD."

UltimateAVmag.com: Sneak Peek

Intermediate marsboer sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Jeg som trodde NAD var tysk?

Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Fikk høre på HFK idag at M15 vil være i butikkene i løpet av 3-4 uker

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    May 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Nytt fra HK

Jeg undersøkte igjen litt med hifiklubben angåenede kalibrering og levering. Fåreløpig sier de nå at den ikke kommer før november. Om de kan selge med eller kommer til å kjøpe XT pro Installer kit vet de ikke enda. Jeg ser ikke nytten i denne reciveren om ikke får den riktig oppsatt. Er det noen som vet om noen som har Audyssey XT Pro Installer kit i Norge. Noen som kan dette skikkelig? Fant en pris på nettet der kittet koster 325dollar. Hvem selger Audyssey i Norge?

Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Idag fikk jeg høre fra HFK at M15HD skal være i Norge i løpet av uka, men vil ikke bli til salgs i butikkene før ytterligere 2-3 uker pga softwareoppdatering som må gjøres på HFK.

Medlem siden
    Jul 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Da var et eksemplar bestillt, forventes til byen over neste helg

Newcomer skreddern sin avatar
    Medlem siden