Aug 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Need a pre amp to a xpa 2 . any idea??

Need a pre amp to use with an Emotiva Xpa 2.

I listen a lot to lps so i am looking for a pre amp with a phono imput.

I dont want a very expensive one , a cheap used, good quality one.

here is some options i have been thinking about:

nad 114 , nad 1000, classic 9.0 tube pre amp, EC 4.5 (10 years old) , emotiva usp-1, this last is a bit to expensive.

what do you recommend? something used, cheap but that would be a good pair with the xpa 2??

what about receivers? they are cheaper... can they be used as pre amps? if so, is there really a big diference in the sound quality when compared to the analog pre amps?? fxp an nad 114??

thank you for your help.

Intermediate unified86 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I sold my USP-1 for 2500kr about 6 months ago. I guess you can try to bargain with this guy and at least get it for 3000kr. http://avforum.no/avtorget/showprodu...=67495&cat=all

USP-1 and XPA-2 is just gorgous, and gives you a great value! I strongly recommend this set up for you.

Edit: I guess you would like to now why I sold my USP-1, so: 1. The USP-1 remote did not work very well with the UMC-1 remote, got mixed signals. 2. At that time is was all about 5 channel movie set up, and therefore I had to prioritize. It had to go. I'm now waiting for the upcoming XSP-1 stereo-preamp.

Expert Niels Nielsen sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    You will be making a big mistake if you intend saving money on a preamp. What is the point of having a nice power amp and a crappy pre?
    The pre is responsible for delivering the best signal to the power amp so choose carefully here....also check the input sensitivity on the Emotiva, if that is 2 volt for full output you will be in trouble if your new pre only delivers 0,75-1 volt, as many surround receivers do...
    Also consider remote control, nice feature....
    Tha Classic 9 pre, I am not familiar with that one...

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •