Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Emotiva Xpa 2 med Pioneer HPM-1100?

Hi,

I am buying an Emotiva Xpa 2 power amp (2*300W) to drive my old Pioneer HPM 1100 from 1982. Max power handling 250 W.

Would the amp be too powerful? is there a point on having such a powerful amp?

Also need a pre amp. Is there a big diference between the receivers and the pre amps?
    Max 2000 kr , any idea??

Is the classic 9.0 tube pre amp a good one??

Thank you

Active
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av HPM-1100
    Hi,

I am buying an Emotiva Xpa 2 power amp (2*300W) to drive my old Pioneer HPM 1100 from 1982. Max power handling 250 W.

Would the amp be too powerful? is there a point on having such a powerful amp?

Also need a pre amp. Is there a big diference between the receivers and the pre amps?
    Max 2000 kr , any idea??
    Most people would say there's no such thing as too much power. It merely gives more headroom and power reserves when needed. Having said that, the UPA-2 might well be more than sufficient and would save you a bit of money too.

If you are going with an Emotiva amp, you might want to consider an Emotiva preamp as well. Here's one already in the country: link, or you may opt to import both the pre-amp and the amp together in one shipment from the US. Toss in some cables and you are set to go.

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •