Medlem siden
    Dec 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Fra AVSforum.com: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9872&p=5892463 (post #3)
    (disse ble vurdert: OPPO OPDV971H, Samsung DVD-HD950, Panasonic DVD-S97 and Sony DVP-NS975V.)
    DVD Player: Samsung DVD-HD950
    Firmware: n/a
    List Price: $249

Overall Performance:
    >HLRxxx8W Compatibility (Low, Med, High): Med
    >HLRxxx8W Performance Impression (Low, Med, High): Low/Med

Output Resolution Tested: 1080i
    Other Resolutions Offered (via HDMI): 480p, 720p

Basic Tests:
    > Blacker-Than-Black: No
    > Macroblocking: None

Important Features to Enhance HLRxxx8W Performance:
    1. Samsung’s Anynet is a nice way to integrate the control and operation of the DVD player with the TV. I liked this feature.

Nice Features:
    1. Manual picture settings (but, basic compared to other players).
    2. Organized, easy to use reporting and control menu that is accessible during DVD play. This menu is large and clearly labeled.
    3. Many display brightness control options allowing you to tailor the visual look of the units front display to virtually any desired mode of operation.
    4. Instant replay, instant skip forward.
    5. Nice comprehensive remote. Some buttons are small and hard to read in low light, no backlighting. But, all important functions are available and would be easy to transfer to any universal remote.
    6. HDMI-HDMI cable, HDMI-DVI cable, and an AnyNet Cable are included.

Problem Areas:
    1. PQ was not as good as other units tested. Seemed not as sharp, rougher. Others on the forum have called it muddy or dull. It was not acceptable. This was a surprise to me because I had viewed the player at Magnolia HiFi a few weeks ago and it had seemed nice there. I learned NEVER try to evaluate a DVD player in a store! It takes careful setup and hours of viewing to form competent opinions.
    2. White LCD front panel was cosmetically unattractive and hard to read. It is worthless unless you are right next to the player, but the on-screen information function is nice and can be used instead. This is stark contrast to my two year old Samsung DVD-HD931, which had an excellent display and the other players in this comparison that had displays that were readable from quite a distance. (OBS! Tror dette gjelder KUN blank modell)
    3. Only one way to set audio out. So either the TV can get PCM and work or your receiver can get DD/DTS and work. If sending DD/DTS to receiver you get annoying HDMI audio error messages on your display. This problem totally amazes me, it was present in the 2004 models and would be obvious with any product testing at all.
    4. Player seemed cheaper than the others in the test (weight, connectors, display, plastic front panel, indicator lamps), but the black color minimized the cosmetic problems. Player could seem out of place cosmetically if you have other expensive components.
    5. Player did not remember settings, such as the screen messages off setting and LCD display off setting making it impossible to create a work around for other problems.
    6. No audio-video sync function. This was offered by some of the other players in the comparison. AV sync is a requirement so if the player does not do it you should consider a receiver with the capability or an external sync solution.

Comments:
    I think everyone knows that I am a big Samsung enthusiast, so it hurts to say that I did not like this player. Actually, after a week, I really started to dislike it. Compared to the performance and features included on the other players in this test, it seemed like an incomplete engineering prototype … a stripped down basic player. I could go into more detail about this player, but it would be waste of your time reading it and my time writing it.

Ellers; brukeres meninger: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/home-...7_1587crx.aspx

Amerikansk manual her: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...&append-uid=no

Expert RoKo sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Visstnok ikke mulig å justere kanalbalansen for SACD. I så fall er det nytteløst med SACD.... :???:
    http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...&page_number=3

Kan dette virkelig stemme...???

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Cool Samsung DVD-HD950

Virker som den "bare" gir middelmådig bilde, i følge testene. Jeg har hørt mye Bra om Panasonic S97. Noen som vet hvor man får tak i denne,og prisantydning. Fant den ikke på Kelkoo.

Expert RoKo sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    ?
    http://no.kelkoo.com/b/a/sbs/127701/12442818.html

Det ryktes at den internasjonale prisen er halvert (til £150). Når skal dette bli effektivt her hjemme?

Expert RoKo sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av RoKo
    Hmmm... der var den jaggu bestilt gitt! Dette blir moro å se, altså hvordan den oppfører seg ifht. min nåværende spiller.
    Jaja, og der var den avbestilt.... :???:

Skal sjekke med noen som har den og få testet den litt ut først. Det var jo litt for mange ulemper med denne, dersom det jeg nå har lest stemmer.

Expert RoKo sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Da var en ny spiller bestilt: Sony DVP-NS92V. Ankommer Norge 14. oktober.

Den har SACD, men ikke DVD-Audio - og akkurat det dri*** jeg i. Derimot har den HDMI, og det er årsaken til at jeg bytter etter kun 9 mnd. med Sony DVP-NS955V. Dette er med andre ord en etterfølger.
    DVP-NS975V, som også har HDMI, fant dessverre aldri veien til gamlelandet...

Les mer om den nye spilleren her:
    http://www.sony-europe.com/view/View...sReleaseDetail

Pris blir 2750,-

Side 2 av 2 FørsteFørste 1 2

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •