Sakset fra AVS:
New DVDO iScan VP20 - Shipping (Very) Late May!!!
DVDO iScan VP20
This is the definitive spec sheet on the DVDO iScan VP20:
The iScan™ VP20 is a high-definition video processor and A/V hub that converts standard or high definition from your DVD player, VCR, PVR, HD set top box, game console, or PC to one of many factory-defined output resolution between VGA and 1080p, including popular HDTV resolutions such as 720p and 1080i.
The VP20 serves as your complete A/V hub, providing simultaneous audio/video switching with deinterlacing/scaling which all on just one wire to your display.
• ABT’s Precision Video Scaling II technology – 10-bit
• Motion and source adaptive video deinterlacing for NTSC (3:2 and 2:2 pulldown; video) and PAL/SECAM (2:2 pulldown; video) sources (SiI504)
Upgradeable to the VRS Precision Deinterlacing Card (ABT102)
•SD(480i/576i) Source, Motion and Edge Adaptive Deinterlacing
o Five-field motion adaptive deinterlacing
o Edge adaptive processing to produce smooth diagonal edges
o Three frame video processing delay (Max)
o Game Modes with very low latency (sub-1 frame delay/2 frame delay with Edge adaptive processing)
• Arbitrary cadence detection (any:any) to detect non-standard cadences in input signals.
o Reliable 2:2 pull-down detection for 50Hz countries
o Detection of 2:2 to/from 3:2 crossfades and out of phase 3:2 crossfades
o Detection of multiple source types within a frame for example video titles over film
o Bad edit detection and compensation to minimize artifacts caused by sequence breaks in film content
• Factory defined output resolution between VGA and 1080p with all popular resolutions for digital displays
• Analog HD Transcoding and Processing
• Flexible Input and Output Aspect Ratio Control
• ABT’s Rightrate – PAL <->NTSC Conversion
• ABT’s AutoVFR – Intelligent Component Video Inputs with Automatic Video Format Routing
• Advanced Source Transition Management provides seamless transitions between source types
• ABT’s AutoCUE-C – Automatic Chroma Upsampling Error detection and correction
• Full-frame Timebase Correction
• High performance, multi-standard video decoder (10-bit: 480i/576i; 12-bit: 480p/576p/720p/1080i)
• High-quality super-adaptive comb filter with 2D Y/C separation
• Flexible Digital and Analog Audio switching and routing – four digital audio inputs and one analog audio input with two digital audio outputs (both active)
• ABT’s Precision A/V Lipsync intelligent digital audio delay technology to perfectly synchronize Audio and Video
• Factory defined output resolutions for Plasma, DLP-based, LCD-based , LCOS-based, and RP-CRT displays:
Nine Video Inputs
• Two Composite (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
• Two S-Video (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
• Two Component (YPbPr or RGB/S) processes 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i
• Three HDMI processes 480i/p, 576 i/p, 720p, 1080i, VGA/SVGA/XGA@60Hz
Eight Audio Inputs
• Three HDMI
• Two Coaxial Digital
• Two Optical Digital
• One Analog Pair (L/R)
One Digital Audio/Video Output
• Using HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connector
• Configurable for YCbCr or RGB
• Also carries digital audio
Two Digital Audio Outputs
• One Coaxial Digital
• One Optical Digital
• Infrared remote control with direct access codes or manual controls on front panel
• Functions accessible via either On Screen Display (OSD) or 2 line, 20 character front-panel LED display
• RS232 port for software downloads and automation.
• Fully programmable controls for each separate video input with non-volatile memories:
- Automatic input source detection & input priority selection
- Input aspect ratio select: 4:3 full frame, 4:3 letterbox, 16:9 full frame or custom input aspect ratio
- Output aspect ratio select: 4:3 and 16:9
Flexible horizontal and vertical Zooming & Panning controls
- Picture controls with memory for each input: Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Y/C Delay, Sharpness
• Output Controls: Format/Resolution, Aspect Ratio, Sync Type, Colorspace (RGB or YCbCr)
• 13 Built-in test patterns for ease of set up
• Universal AC mains input: 100 – 240 VAC @ 50-60 Hz
• Consumption <30W
• Sleep Mode – automatic 30 second timeout indicated by power indicator color change
• 10.4”x17”x2.2” (26.3cmx43.4cmx5.5cm) with feet
• 10.4”x17”x1.8” (26.3cmx43.4cmx4.6cm) without feet
• VRS Precision Deinterlacing Card (ABT102)
• Brushed Aluminum Front Panel
• Rack Mount Kit (1RU)
Q: How are the iScan VP20 and VP30 the same/different?
A: The iScan VP20 and VP30 use exactly the same video processing chain and both can have the SD deinterlacing upgraded with the Precision Deinterlacing Card.
The iScan VP20 and VP30 have the same chassis and front panel design
The iScan VP20 does not have an analog video output and can not be upgraded with an SDI input.
The iScan VP30 has support for constant height setups and advanced timing control adjustments and the VP20 has support for 4:3 and 16:9 displays and output resolutions for most digital displays.
The iScan VP20 does not have an analog RGBHV/Component input using BNC connections.
The iScan VP20 can covert PAL to NTSC (50Hz to 60Hz) and NTSC to PAL (60Hz to 50Hz). The iScan VP30 has user adjustable frame rate controls, in .01Hz increments, with popular presets including presets to convert Film-based content to 48Hz or 72Hz output.
The iScan VP20 can process VGA/SVGA/XGA@60Hz PC signals. The VP30 can process these signals and SXGA@60Hz
The iScan VP20 has 3 HDMI inputs and the VP30 has 4
We are also working on advanced display picture controls which will only be available for the VP30 (more details to come)
The iScan VP20 has preset output resolutions (with Horizontal/Vertical shift), whereas the VP30 has user-definable timing controls.
Q: What resolutions are predfined on the iScan VP20:
A: 480P, 540p, 576p, 720p-50, 720p-60, 1080i-50, 1080i-60, 1080p-50, 1080p-60, 640x480, 1024x768, 852x480, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x768 and 1024x576
Q: If I connect an HDMI (audio/video) source to the iScan VP20 will I be able to get audio out via the optical/coaxial digital outputs?
A: In most cases the audio that is available on the HDMI connection will be available on the optical/coaxial audio outputs. Exceptions include MLP (DVD-Audio) and DSD (SACD) which SPDIF connections are incapable of carrying due to bandwidth limitations.
VP20/Precision Deinterlacing Card (ABT102) FAQs:
Q: What are these new 'Game Modes' that come with the Precision Deinterlacing Card?
A: These modes can reduce the amount of video delay to less than a single frame. In many competitive processors the effects of applying complex algorithms to the video image results in upwards of a seven frame delay. This can inhibit the real-time performance for gamers who want instantaneous response to react to stimuli and to realize peak performance from their application. The Precision Deinterlacing Card (when set to one of the Game Modes) will reduce frame delay down to slightly less than one frame of video.
Q: What is on the DVD that comes with the Precision Deinterlacing Card?
A: The DVD that comes with the Precision Deinterlacing Card includes many test patterns to assist t you in optimizing the setup of your iScan VP20 and to evaluate the performance of your iScan VP20 (or any other video processing). This DVD was produced by Stacey Spears and Don Munsil (S&M) and I strongly believe that this will be the Reference DVD that everyone uses to compare video processing from now on.
The Static Patterns include:
Picture Controls (Brightness/Contrast, Color/Tint, Y/C Delay, and Resolution)
Geometry (Frame Geometry, Image Cropping, Cross Hatch - Coarse, Cross Hatch - Fine, and Focus)
Gray Scale (10IRE - 100IRE Windows and Gray Ramp)
Half Patterns (Black/White, Color 7 Bars 75, Color (7) Bars 100, Color (8) Bars 75 and Color (8) Bars 100 - These are the 'other half' of the test patterns which are built into the iScan VP30)
The Motion Patterns include:
Chroma Upsampling (ICP, 2-2, and 2-3)
Source Adaptive (Film, Film Detail, and Synthetic Wedge - Each test patterns has 2-2, 2-2-2-4, 2-3-2-3, 2-3-3-2-2, 2-3-3-2, 3-2-3-2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-4, 8-7-8-7 cadences as well as a sped up cadence and bad-edits)
Edge Adaptive (Jaggies at 45/20/10 degress, Jaggies at all degrees, Video sequences which have very difficult diagonals: 'Ropes', "Ship' , 'Hockey', and Bridge')
Mixed Mode (Horizontal Text and Vertical Text)
There is also a Demo Loop which goes through all of the deinterlacing evaluation content.
The Source Adaptive 'Film' and 'Film Detail' content should be familiar to everyone, they are the infamous Cafe scene (ever wonder what happens after the bum gets the newspaper?) and Super Speedway, respectively.
DVDO/Powered by ABT
Viser resultater 1 til 6 av 6
Tråd: DVDO@ iScan VP20
05-25-2006, 12:20 #1
DVDO@ iScan VP20
05-25-2006, 12:22 #2
Ser ut som om denne har alt det jeg egentlig trenger, og det til en, forhåpentligvis, litt lavere pris enn VP30.. Får se hva prisen blir på den når den kommer.
Her er tråden jeg sakset ifra forøvrig:
05-25-2006, 12:37 #3
Jeg kan tenke meg at den vil koste 14.990,- her i utgangspunktet, og så vil det være et 'introduksjonstilbud' til 12.990,- - et 'introduksjonstilbud' som holder seg i mange måneder...
Slik har det ihvertfall vært hittil.
05-26-2006, 14:31 #4Opprinnelig postet av tklev
Jeg har både projector og flatskjerm. Dette må da være en ganske alminnelig problemstilling?...
07-02-2006, 20:09 #5
Den nye Lumagen Radiance vil ha dette...den er imidlertid ganske dyr. Et alternativ kan være å bruke en boks fra Geffen som gir deg 2 utganger, og så kan du bruke to forskjellige profiler (i VP'n) for å veksle mellom de to (oppløsning, brightness, contrast m.m). Jeg tror ikke VP20 har mulighet for forskjellige profiler - VP30 har det derimot.
07-03-2006, 10:22 #6
Aha.. Det var et godt tips! Finnes det hurtigtast for å velge profil? Eller må man inn i menyene for å gjøre det?