Jan 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

GLASS TOSLINK?

Noen som har hørt om SonicWave Ultra 280 strang glass optisk kabler? Så en "skryt" av dem på et forum, og fant følgende på ebay... Noen som har tro på dette? Er jo rimelig da... så kanskje verdt et forsøk? Jeg har dog alltid vært av den tro at så lenge signalet kom frem og det var digitalt så hadde ikke kabeln noe å si... derfor har jeg ofte brukt ElCheapo rca kabler for koaks-overføring av digitalt signal...

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av captnstarstripe
    DID YOU KNOW THE WEAKEST LINK IN YOUR HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM IS MOST LIKELY THE PLASTIC FIBER TOSLINK CABLE YOU ARE USING!!!

EXPERIENCE THE DRAMATIC DIFFERENCE A GLASS FIBER OPTIC CABLE WILL MAKE IN YOUR HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!!

Premium Glass fiber optical cable is the highest quality digital optical cable available. Unlike most consumer grade optical cable that use plastic fiber optics, this cable uses real glass fiber optics and mirror polished ends for the highest possible quality data transmission. This cables ensures the least signal loss and least jitter possible.

The series utilize glass fiber optic conductors and precision connectors to reduce digital jitter for a dramatic upgrade over conventional toslink optical cables, which utilize plastic fiber optic conductors. Glass fiber optic transmission allows superior high resolution, amazing clarity reproduction, ultra spatial effects and dynamic impact. It's ideal for use with DVD, DVD Audio, SACD, CD, D-VHS, game console, S/PDIF, Dolby DigitalR and DTSR professional audio applications.

Features:

High purity medical grade glass fiber optic core

Allows highest resolution digital audio transmission

Widest bandwidth transmission and frequency response

Tuned spectral attenuation for optimum signal admittance and low loss

High velocity of propagation for lower time smear

Precision polished TOSLINK core end for wider bandwidth with lower insertion loss

Multi-sheilding protection from damage and interference

Spring loaded alloy tip for best possible position and closer lens contact

Automatically in focus for accurate data transfer with minimal loss

Precision molded plug and durable 24k gold plated plug ends

Cable length:1 Meter (3.28 ft)

All Glass Toslink Cables are new, finest quality in factory sealed poly bag.

Here are just a few of the many positive comments my customers have said about these fabulous Glass Toslinks!

Hi Stuart,

I just wanted to write to say "Thank you" for your excellent cable. Upon the first 10 seconds of listening to music with the glass optical cable hooked up in place of my regular digital cable (the Stereovox HDXV), it was clear that something special was happening. Bass and spatial cues were revealed with startling vivacity. A slight electronic edge, or brightness, that I used to hear outlining the upper harmonics of notes, which was the one weakness of my system that broke the illusion of listening to live music, was now banished. In its absence, fine musical elements like the leading edge of notes, and the tone and texture of its sustain and decay were rendered with precision and clean, unforced, natural detail. As an admittedly jaded audiophile and music lover, I tried this cable on a lark, but I can scarcely believe how good it truly is. It is not merely "good for its price". It is excellent, without equivocation. It delivers all of the audiophile goodness that guys like me crave, at a most un-audiophile (down to earth) price. It therefore must rank as one of the all-time audio bargins and best finds.

Best regards,
    David

I received the cable today. Excellent cable!! Very revealing I cant imagine a better value out there for three times the price that would give that much of an improvement over other cables. I am very happy I would recommend your cable to anyone out there who uses an optical cable.

Thank you Stephen

Hi Stuart - Thanks for getting my order right out. The cable arrived today and man, it sounds great. It's a major improvement over the plastic-fiber Radio Shack cable I have been using. The sound is dramatically clearer, with much more detail and dynamics. I was, of course, expecting some improvement... but nothing of this magnitude. And it cost just ten bucks more than the Radio Shack cable. I'm really amazed.

David

Hi Stuart, I was using a Purple Harmony Toslink cable which i thought was better than most. Bought from Dick Smith Electronics. I thought it sounded quite good, but found it did lack excitement and oomph (that's after I heard other, more expensive systems). When I changed the toslink to the Glass Toslink, it was totally amazing! It sounded sweet. Everything was tighter and very punchy. The details of the guitar strings and the other instruments in the background could be heard - crystal clear! You really need to hear the difference to believe it! It was definately worth the investment. I'm glad I found your Auction and chose to go with the Glass Toslink. Cheers Kev

hi very pleased with the glass toslink cable.. I was using a high end coaxial cable. now notice more depth definition , and overall more accurate sound.. very pleased.. thank you again, not only for a very good product but for the professoional manner in which the transaction was completed.. my regards.. Jake

Hello Stuart- I was using a high end Monster Cable (RCA) purchased several years ago. I upgraded my receiver and went to a dvd/cd player and decided to use an optical connection. The improvement was quite noticeable, especially the highs. Overall, I'm quite impressed with the Glass Toslink. Thanks again for an excellent product. Have a good one. Sincerely, Jason

Well all I can say is WOW. I was using standard Monster Cable crap. This made a huge different. The dynamic of the audio is so much more brilliant. The soundstage has also gotten wider.

I can weigh in on the glass toslink v. digital RCA cable by saying that I A/B'd the Audioquest Optilink 5 with their comparable digital cable and the result was not even close. The glass toslink was significantly better on every criterion, and was significantly louder as well (we volume matched the outputs for the test, BTW). I bought two toslinks and replaced my digital cable!

I originally was using the Monster Interlink 100. It had deeper bass, but the mids and highs are were not as detailed. I also purchased the Wireworld Supernova III (glass toslink) cable prior to the order from you. There was no sonic difference between these and the cables I ordered from you. But I did notice that intermittently there were clicks and pops with the Supernova III's. Especially when using the ABS (bit splitting) function from my Apogee PSX-100 Special Edition A/D/A converter! I choose to use your cables as primary and the Supernova III's as backups.

Moderator roffe sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Apr 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Skal ikke si noe om lydkvaliteten, det får andre ta seg av. Men jeg vil gjøre oppmerksom på at glass er et materiale som er mye mer følsomt for fysisk belastning. Disse kablene bør du ikke bøye for mye på, for de "splintrer" betydelig lettere enn de optiske plastkablene.

Har du mulighet til å la kablene ligge i naturlige, myke svinger, så vil de sikkert "forvrenge" mindre enn grove plastkabler.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    hm, mine kabler får stort sett utfolde seg som de vil ;)

Når det er sagt har jeg forsåvidt skjønt det slik at det er først og fremst på PCM (dvs ren CD avspilling) man kan få "forbedringer" i lyden, og ikke på "komprimert" DD/DTS/MPEG data (som jo har CRC)...

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •