Toshiba's trdje generasjon HDDVD spillerer kommer i Sept/Okt. (US versjon) alle koster veiledende under $500.

HD-A3 1080i $299.99 oktober.

HD-A30 1080p 60/24 $399.99
- "CE-Link" (HDMI-CEC)September.

HD-A35 1080p 60/24 $499.99
- "CE-Link" (HDMI-CEC)
- support for Deep Color via HDMI 1.3a.
- 5.1 channel analog output and High Bit
Rate Audio (up to 7.1 channel) via HDMI.

Siden de eldre modellene får 1080p/24 i en ny firmware oppdatering i September +
Dolby TrueHD / DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreams over HDMI 1.3 så kan man regne med at
A30 & 35 også har disse lydformatene fra starten.

"CE-Link" (HDMI-CEC)
Also added to the line is “CE-Link” (HDMI™ CEC) connectivity which offers the capability to communicate with and control another CE device in a whole new way. For instance, using “CE-Link” with “One Touch Play” consumers will be able to turn on a CEC capable HDTV and a Toshiba HD DVD player, and start playing a movie, with a single touch of a button on the player remote.

Beyond the Hi Def Movie Experience
Starting with 1st generation players, all of Toshiba’s HD DVD players support the enhanced features of the HD DVD format mandated by the DVD Forum including picture-in-picture video, audio commentary and the ability to allow web-enabled network capabilities. Using the Ethernet ports found on all Toshiba HD DVD players, once connected to the network, users can access bonus features, as available, from a movie studio’s server. This data is then saved in the player’s persistent storage and can be accessed by the user. In addition to accessing new bonus features, some HD DVD discs may include locked prerecorded content which can be unlocked with a downloadable key from the studio’s online server. Web-enabled capability is now opening the door to a new entertainment experience beyond hi def video and audio.
NY HDMI 1.3a pdf FAQ

Tredjegenerasjon spillernes pressemelding: