Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    http://avforum.no/forum/newreply.php...reply&p=469025

Tears of the Sun (Blu-ray) Review

"...but I really thought this is among the best high-def I've yet seen, and frame-per-frame, it is certainly an equal with anything I've yet reviewed on HD DVD."

"Even a friend who popped over unannounced, and who is about as tech-saavy as my grandmother, couldn't help but exclaim, "Wow, that is one #@$&! kick-ass picture!" Score a big one for Blu-ray."

Intermediate Esp1 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Administrator Gorm sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Sted
    Jessheim
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    34 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Godt å se at de har kjørt litt størrelse på viften, når den først må ha aktiv kjøling. Noen rapporter om viftestøy?
    Mvh Gorm

ISF / THX kalibratør
    projektor, TV, grading-monitorer, display

Intermediate Esp1 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Les mer om Sigma Designs SMP8634F-serien med media prosessorer her:

http://www.sigmadesigns.com/public/P...30_series.html

Direkte til PDF:
    http://www.sigmadesigns.com/public/P...SMP8634_br.pdf

Dette er en krets med dual HD dekoding og dual audio DSP (200 MHz).

Intermediate dvdjan sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Da er den ute i Usa og her er ett første inntrykk fra avsforum :

I found the Panasonic BD10 at a SoCal Fry's this evening and just had to see what round two might look like. Some of you might remember that I originally posted my thoughts on the Samsung when it launch and was less than impressed, especially when pitted against the HD-A1. So how does the Panasonic stack up?

Initial impressions: Pretty good. It's a solid feeling player (not quite to the bulk of the HD-A1, but much better than the Samsung). The power cord is detachable which I know is a plus to some. I also noticed that back of player and the box both list "Java Powered," so we'll have to wait and see when the discs arrive. As I opened the box, I noticed that the player included a copy of Eight Below inside. Quite a nice surprise and chalk one up to Panasonic for offering up something to smile about right as you open the box. It also came with a certificate to go online and get two more free BD titles. The sheet says, "choose from some of today's hottest films," but it doesn't actually let you choose. The titles are Gone in 60 Seconds and The Great Raid. Boo for not letting me choose, but not too big a boo as they're still free.

Turning it on: the player is easily the quickest of the three main players out right now (HD-A1, BD-P1000, and the BD10) with the player off, hitting the open button it takes 15 seconds to power on and open the tray and another 25-30 before first play. However, it does still load the disc in stages, just like the Samsung. It does not, however, give you bizarre hourglasses or colored dots. It simply opens a box on the lower right corner that says "Now Reading." But again from off to first play, about 50 seconds total.

Settings: The player gives you about as many options as you can think of and if you've ever played around with one of Panny's better DVD players, you'll know what I mean. The player has settings for brightness, contrast, sharpness, color, gamma... I didn't mess with any of these settings though and simply calibrated my input to the normal setting and viewed everything HDMI at 1080i (my 50" Toshiba's native resolution) and ran all audio out of the HDMI to my Denon 3806 receiver.

BD Playback: I wanted to re-audition a few discs I had used when evaluating the Samsung while also looking at some of the new stuff that people have been raving about. I took looks at XXX, T2, Crash, Lord of War, Eight Below, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and I viewed SWAT in its entirety.

First things first... The Panasonic is not going to make any of the really bad BDs look all that much better. XXX still has pretty much all of the same problems that I saw on the Samsung. The film still looks soft and contains a good deal of artifacting, BUT... the Panny does look slightly better with a bit less noise and a bit more dimensionality. It still isn't a great looking disc, but I found it to be far less objectionable than I originally did back in June. But when I put in SWAT, I found an image that is far more in line with what I've become accustomed to with HD-DVD. It just had great depth and wonderful detail. I noticed very, very little artifacting of any kind during my viewing. Lord of War didn't exhibit the MPEG blocking that I saw with the Samsung. Eight Below and JASBSB both looked excellent, although Eight Below was a bit soft (which I believe to be the MPEG4) and JASBSB had some really over-saturated colors in spots (which I view as a master issue). Second round I'm much more impressed with current BD than I was 4 months ago.

Audio: Audio quality was first rate. The Panny, unlike the Samsung, will output both the LPCM 5.1 and Dolby/DTS 5.1 bitstreams without changing settings. This was something that really bothered me with the Samsung. I didn't mess with any of the analog outs or the coax/optical digi-outs. There is also a setting (unlike the Toshibas) to disable the button noises on BD discs. I have, however, found a bit of a bug (as the player works in my system at least). When changing soundtracks, either in the menu system or on the fly, from DD5.1 to LPCM5.1, the player doesn't give you all the channels. You'll hear left and right front. but no center or surrounds. Pressing stop and play will output the full PCM5.1. The player does have a Dolby Digital Plus logo on it and the manual lists that as a supported format.

*One other note... The Panasonic does not stutter when playing the Lionsgate titles with their DTS tracks, so this tells me it is a problem with the Samsung and its compatibility with those discs.

DVD Playback: Here's where the player is going to come under some fire. As a standard DVD player, I didn't feel that the Panasonic was in the same league as the Toshiba, or to a certain extent the Samsung. It's very good, but I felt, to my eyes, that it was quite a bit softer and lacking in detail. So as an SD-DVD player, I'm going to be continuing to use the Toshiba. BUT... Panasonic is the first player released that contains an appropriate zoom function for non-anamorphic letterbox material. There's a 4:3 mode that can either be set to Standard or Zoom. So watching the SWAT deleted scenes on the BD, they nicely filled the screen. With the Standard setting, they were stretched to fill the screen like on the Samsung. So the Panny gets a half point, but not a full since it contains no option to windowbox 4:3 material, either on an SD or BD disc.

Ergonomics: Ergonomically, this player's a mess. There's a very nice faceplate that you can drop to reveal the player's drawer and controls. Unfortunately, there's a very nice faceplate that you HAVE TO drop to reveal the player's drawer and controls. There's no open tray button on the remote, so you have to get up, drop the drawer down, and then open the tray. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but it becomes really annoying really quickly. The Panny also has the worst remote of the big three. There's a jog-shuttle that also performs duty as left right up down control and it's really sensitive. I actually had several instances where I popped up the BD overlay menus and when I tried to move left or right, it instead fast forwarded or rewound the film by accident. This is annoying. Fortunately, you can deactivate the jog shuttle in the menu, but then you do lose the jog-shuttle. I also think the display on the player is awful, only displaying the current playing time. There's no time remaining, chapter number, resolution setting, or anything else. So as you're chaptering forward, it's a little hard to know how far you've gone at a glance. Maybe this is something that can be set up in the player, but I haven't found it yet.

Firmwares: The player comes with two notes. One directs you to Panasonic's website where you'll be able to download and burn to CD the most current FW. The other says, "To further enhance the power of your HD experience, we'd like to send you free upgrades for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD high definition audio when they are available." You fill out the card and send it in and Panasonic will mail you a free upgrade firmware when they are ready. Unfortunately, it doesn't say when this will be, but there you go.

Bottom Line: I've yet to have any snags, hang ups, or freezes and playback seems very, very good. Great discs look to be to the level of HD-DVD and therein lies the problem. This player is $800 more than the A1 and matching the performance of a player nearly a third the price of the Panasonic is going to be a bitter pill for many to swallow. So bitter, in fact, that I predict not too many people are going to be rushing out to pick this model up (and don't even get me started on the $1500 Pioneer). The inclusion of DVD-Audio is a nice bonus over all of the other HD players out there and I think this player has the potential to look tremendous with the right material, especially given the amount of set up options offered to tweak it to perfection. I'm much more hesitant to return this player than I was the Samsung, but I'm not totally sure if I'm completely sold on it, especially considering the SD-DVD playback. It's definitely a step in the right direction, but I think for $1300, people might have the right to expect more.

Panasonic DMP-BD10 First User Reports - AVS Forum

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Leste det på AVS i sted. Det kommer seg. Men prisen er syk.

Active Cyberdog sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Så for å få Blu Ray av akseptabel kvalitet må man altså ut med 1300$..
    Jeg holder meg til HD-DVD enda jeg..

Cyberdog

Intermediate Arendal sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Prisen på HD-DVD og Blu-ray blir nesten lik i Norge så det er ikke noe stort tema.

Ser ut til at bildekvaliteten blir tilnærmet lik med de nye blu-ray filmene.

Da er vi tilbake til tilgjengelighet på software siden, som blir utslagsgivende, tror jeg.

Intermediate dvdjan sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Prisen på Panasonicen i Norge er 13000,-

Intermediate SVS! -man sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Sted
    Fredrikstad
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Arendal
    Prisen på HD-DVD og Blu-ray blir nesten lik i Norge så det er ikke noe stort tema.

Ser ut til at bildekvaliteten blir tilnærmet lik med de nye blu-ray filmene.

Da er vi tilbake til tilgjengelighet på software siden, som blir utslagsgivende, tror jeg.
    Det er vel ikke noe som tyder på at prisen på BD og HDDVD blir tilnærmet lik. Billigste HDDVD-spiller er fortsatt 6500 kr og man får HD-XA1 for ca. 7500 ferdig importert. Det er mulig jeg har gått glipp av noe, men jeg har fortsatt tilgode å se en BD til under 10k. Og som vi ser klarte HD-XE1 akkurat å havne under 10k kroners-streken

Men dersom det er pris på filmer du mener, ja da er jeg enig.

Men fortsatt lages det flest filmer med Mpeg2 som ikke er på høyde med VC1. Mpeg4 har også vist seg å ikke være bra nok. Det er flere selskaper nå (ryktes det) som vurderer å bruke VC1 på BD, noe som er meget positivt, men da kan de i tillegg like gjerne også gi ut på HDDVD - slik jeg har skjønt det. Det blir spennende å se om MGM og Disney snart kommer med sine første HDDVD-titler
    Forsterker: Marantz SR7011
    Høyttalere:
    Klipsch RP280f - RP450C - RP250S - R115SW
    TV:
    Panasonic VT50 Plasma

Medlem siden
    Feb 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Prisen på tilnærmet likt spesifiserte HD-DVD og Blu-ray blir tilnærmet lik i Norge ( det er her jeg bor ).

De eneste spillerene som er priset foreløpig er Toshiba HD-XE1 til 10000 og Panasonic DMP-BD10 til 13000 og det er ikke så stor forskjell synes jeg.

Det samme gjelder for USA forresten.

Den nye Sony BDP-S1 spilleren kommer til å koste det samme som Toshiba HD-AX2 i USA. Begge koster 999 USD veil.

Så, jo jeg tror fortsatt på rimelig jevne priser.

Intermediate SVS! -man sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Sted
    Fredrikstad
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Joda, jeg skal ikke være veldig uenig i at 3k er ikke så mye. Men 13k for en spiller synes jeg HØRES mye ut Det tror jeg også høres mye ut for menig-mann som skal kjøpe seg en "billett" inn på HD-markedet.

Nå skal vi ikke glemme at den billigste HDDVD koster ca. 6500 kr; noe som er lettere å selge enn "13k" for å oppleve HD. Selv om dette er en 1080i-spiller skal det bli spennede å se hvor stor forskjell det egentlig er på interlaced-ut og progressiv-ut når kildematerialet er lagret i 1080p på en 1080p pj.
    Forsterker: Marantz SR7011
    Høyttalere:
    Klipsch RP280f - RP450C - RP250S - R115SW
    TV:
    Panasonic VT50 Plasma

Medlem siden
    Feb 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Joda, 13K er mye penger for "mannen i gata" men han pleier ikke å kjøpe det nyeste nye likevel. Han kjøper spilleren sin på Elkjøp når den koster 2K.

Nå er vel egentlig ikke 13K så veldig mye, så tidlig.
    Det er vel helst HD-DVD spillerene til Toshiba som er usedvanlig billige til å være første generasjon.

Min nåværende DVD spiller er en Pioneer DV 989 til 12K veil og er vel å regne som ett entusiast produkt.

For meg er 13K for Panasonicen helt greit og innen for rammene av hva jeg er villig til å betale hvis den er bra. Er den dårlig vil jeg ikke gi halvparten en gang

Hvis jeg skal bruke 13K på en HD spiller skal den også gjøre en god jobb på DVD og det har den potensiale til å gjøre. Ihverfall i følge spec'en om man skal tro på den.

Har også troa på den dyreste Toshibaen som DVD spiller forresten.

Det som er spennende og "viktig" med de nye HD spillerene er muligheten til å sende ut 1080p/24 som er det "reneste" signalet som finnes pr. dags dato da det er dette som blir scannet fra filmnegativen.

Her har Blu-ray en fordel fremfor HD-DVD fordi Blu-ray bruker den orginale 24p sync'en mens HD-DVD bruker 30p. Hvorfor HD-DVD har valgt å gjøre dette aner jeg ikke, og jeg har ikke funnet noen forklaring på det.

Both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc support the 24p (traditional movie) frame rate, but technical implementations of this mode are different among the two formats. Blu-ray Disc supports 24p with its native timing, while HD DVD uses 30p timing for 24p (replacing missing frames with "repeat field flags").
    Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Om dette får noen praktisk betydning for bildekvaliteten er for tidlig å si noe om, men i teorien er det ikke bra.

Medlem siden
    Feb 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Nå begynner det å nærme seg offisiell lansering av denne spilleren her til lands.

At jeg gleder meg er en "under statement":-D

Intermediate Trond B sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Panasonic DMP-BD10 selges hos Elkjøp fra mandag for 12 995,-. Se Elkjøp-avisa som kom i posten i dag.
    Den og Samsung sin spiller blir nærmest slaktet i siste nr. av What Hi-Fi? Virker som et uferdig produkt selv om den er hakket bedre enn spilleren fra Samsung.
    ​Hi-Fi: Accuphase E-460 | LINN Akurate DS/1 | PMC twenty.26/22/C | REL R-528
    Head-Fi: SONY TA-ZH1ES | SONY MDR-Z1R | AudioQuest DragonFly Red | Bowers & Wikins P7 Wireless | Bowers & Wikins P9 Signature
    AV: SONY KD-65A1 | DENON AVC-A1HDA | SONY UBP-X800

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hmmm, tørst på HD til projektoren min. Men tror jeg venter på Toshiba HD DVD XE1 selv om det blir i januar.

Medlem siden
    Feb 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Det er synd at de ikke har fått ferdig softwaren til Panasonic'en sånn at den håndterer lyden skikkelig.

Det virker derimot som om, hvis man ser bort fra dårlige plater, at ytelsen på Panasonic sin spiller er ganske bra, men ikke til prisen.

De skriver at den håndterer 1080p/24 men det gjør den vel ikke? Den sender ut 1080p/60

Jeg har en spiller i bestilling og venter spent på å få testet den selv.

Samsungen har jeg avskrevet som en dårlig spøk:cry:

Medlem siden
    Feb 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Jeg sitter med en i kinoen nå, så jeg kan bekrefte at Elkøp har den.

Hvor mange de har er usikkert.

Grunnlegger lygren sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Blogginnlegg
    Nevnt
    18 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (100.00% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Folkens, la oss forholde denne tråden teknisk, diskusjon av forhandler, pris og tilgjengelighet tar en under pris- og produktjakt...

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Arendal, post litt inntrykk da! Du har jo duganes utstyr se den på også!

Side 2 av 6 FørsteFørste 1 2 3 4 5 6 SisteSiste

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •