Jan 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Lumagen Radiance Xd (hqv)

Det skjer mye om dagen og det går fort,nye produkt slipp blir nesten som å oppleve barndommen under juletreet på nytt.

Product manager for DVDO har allerede snakket om deres neste produkt(VP40?)som vil ha en ny deinterlacer produsert av ABT,denne skal vistnok gruse det meste(ja også HQV)men dette gjenstår og se selvsagt,uansett er dette produktet flere måneder unna.

Mens vi venter kan vi jo ta en titt på LUMAGEN sin neste prosessor.Som ser helt rå ut,prisen også desverre.(men jeg kan vanskelig se for meg noe som topper dette på en god stund)

LUMAGEN ANNOUNCES RadianceXDTM POWERED BY HQV™

Beaverton, OR—(Sept 6, 2005)— Lumagen Inc. announced today that it is developing the RadianceXD, incorporating the advanced Realta HQV™ video processing engine. The Lumagen RadianceXD is slated for release in the second quarter of 2006. It will be the perfect companion for any commercial or home theater application wanting to use the award-winning HQV powered by Teranex processing. Lumagen’s own processing and calibration technology is combined with the Realta HQV to provide the ultimate home theatre experience.

“Working with Lumagen is truly exciting for Silicon Optix because both companies firmly believe in providing the pinnacle of image quality for the home theater set up,” said Dennis Crespo, VP of Marketing at Silicon Optix. “It’s a great match of video expertise, and in the end the consumer ultimately benefits from years of invention and refinement.”

“Lumagen products provide exceptional video quality, and that’s exactly why we decided to design around the Realta HQV video processor for our new flagship product,” said Jim Peterson, President and CTO of Lumagen Inc. “Realta HQV gives our new box a taste of Hollywood so that our customers can heighten their home theater experience each time they turn it on.”

The RadianceXD will sport 10 video inputs, and two independent HDMI outputs. The video input complement includes six HDMI, two SD/ED/HD analog and two SD/ED analog inputs. Composite and SVideo sources are processed with a 3D comb-filter for the best possible image from off-air and analog-cable channels. In addition there are 6 SPDIF, 2 TOS-Link and 4 stereo analog audio inputs with two independent SPDIF outputs. Audio is also supported on all HDMI inputs and outputs. Together these features allow the RadianceXD to act as a 10 by 2 audio/video crossbar switch, making it ideal for even the most sophisticated home and commercial applications. The first output is from the Realta HQV processor. The second output can be independently selected from any of the ten video inputs or a copy of the first output.

The RadianceXD provides extremely fast switching by using an independent input decoder for each of its ten inputs. Unlike other video processors that can take up to several seconds to sync when a new digital input is selected, the RadianceXD actively samples all inputs, including HDCP encryption, so it can switch inputs immediately.

The RadianceXD incorporates a true 10-bit video processing pipeline with the Realta HQV at its core. The Realta HQV provides full four-field motion adaptive video deinterlacing for both standard definition and high definition signals, temporal-recursive noise reduction, automatic multi-cadence detection, and pixel-based detail enhancement. Lumagen’s own calibration, and video processing algorithms are used to complement and enhance the already stellar Realta HQV processing. The RadianceXD provides the most extensive set of video calibration features available, allowing the image to meet the critical color accuracy requirements of even the most demanding theater application.

Pricing and availability

The Lumagen RadianceXD will be available in 2Q 2006 and has a MSRP of $5999 US. Check the company’s website at www.lumagen.com for up to date news of the RadianceXD and other Lumagen products.

http://www.lumagen.com/radiance_release.htm

Intermediate J.P sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Dette er hva Jim Peterson fra Lumagen sier om deres nye produkt på AVS.

Just to clarify: Josh (DocDVD) has been working with us here at Lumagen very closely on the Radiance product. More closely than any other dealer, and as close as our major international distributors, maybe more so. In fact it is because of his (very valid) arguments that four HDMI inputs are not enough that we went to six HDMI inputs. He convinced me, and I now believe that any top scaler needs to have six HDMI inputs.

As Josh mentioned, we decided to go with external SDI, HD SDI and DACs.

I believe the SDI and HD SDI will become less and less at issue as more people purchase DVI and HDMI displays with HDCP. Really there is no need for them in these cases. Certainly there is no technical advantage in image quality. So their market is limited to CRT projectors and older non-HDCP digital display as an aftermarket prouct in reality. So, why burden a new product with these as standard. It doesn't really make sense. Having them as options does.

As to the analog output. We have two HDMI outputs and no DAC built in. Everyone is going to digital connections and we think two independent digital connections is the way to go. Of course there are still CRT owners - like me - out there who need a DAC. So, where should the DAC go? Given we can drive long cables digitally using extender boxes, the DAC should be placed at the projector to avoid analog cable loss. If you want to go 50 feet running fully deinterlaced 1080p you need to have a digital signal to avoid visible cable losses. Therefore the DAC definitely does not belong in the scaler, so we did not put it there. Instead we will be offering an optional HDMI to analog converter box.

Of course, current generation Lumagen processors have an internal DAC but this was a compromise for cost. Not a bad one, but not as good a solution as an external DAC at the projector.

The Radiance is being designed to be the ultimate video processor, period. We are making all our decisions with this in mind. There are actually two FPGAs in the RadianceXD (verses one in the VisionPro HDP) with a total of almost twice as many gates as the VisionPro HDP. And this is just to enhance the already stellar performace of the Realta HQV with additional Lumagen processing and calibration features.

----

We plan a generous trade in program for current Lumagen owners in the U.S. When trading up to the RadianceXD (only) from an earlier Lumagen video processor (Vision, VisionPro, VisionDVI, VisionHDP, VisionPro HDP, including SDI/BNC options), you will get a 50% of original U.S. MSRP for your unit when you trade in directly to Lumagen or to one of our U.S. dealers who agrees to be part of our trade-in program. Note that the trade-in unit must be in working order.

Sorry but this only applies to the U.S. since this type of trade-in is much more expensive to implement internationally and each international distributor will set their own trade-in policy.

----

We will again have a Beta program. Details will be discussed later this year, but we expect first Beta ship by the end of 2006Q1. We believe this is a great way for our customers to get early access to the RadianceXD, and also a great way for us to get real world feedback on what needs to be improved. Beta users for the last generation also got some special features put in that would not have made it into the software after the Beta program. We believe there will again be features specific to some unique Beta system configurations, and so this is another advantage of being a Beta site.

As to production schedule: We can not absolutely promise to ship by the end of 2Q 2006, but it is our best estimate. I did blow it with the last generation. I did not realize we would have some of the issues we did (mostly brought on by chips that did not really do what their manufactures said, or companies that did not really implement the specs as they should have, and of course we had more issues than we thought). So, I am trying to be rational on when we will be done. I am hopeful I have learned to better estimate schedules. Time will tell of course, and it is overwhelming easy to grandstand on this topic. Just remember this stuff is way hard, and we are doing our best.

----

BTW: I am off to CEDIA so my response time may go way up depending on if I can get my computer linked to the internet while there.

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •