Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

"Avatar Day" 21 August

official press release from 20th Century Fox :

On August 21, the world will get its first look at director James Cameron’s motion picture epic AVATAR, when Twentieth Century Fox and Cameron debut the film’s trailer everywhere – while select cinemas and IMAX® theaters will screen extended footage prepared by the renowned filmmaker for this global “Avatar Day” event.

The worldwide trailer launch will be presented in all formats, including IMAX® 3-D, IMAX® 2-D, digital 3-D, digital 2-D, and 35mm 2-D. The trailer will also be available online.

The extended look at AVATAR will unspool only on August 21 – and only in 3-D – in select theaters and IMAX®. Details on locations and reserving tickets for this extraordinary and unprecedented experience will be announced soon.

In addition on the 21st, Ubisoft® will unveil the trailer for their videogame James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game, and Mattel will reveal the action figures for the film’s Avatar and alien Na’vi characters.

AVATAR takes us to a spectacular new world beyond our imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption, discovery and unexpected love, as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization. The film was first conceived by Cameron 14 years ago, when the means to realize his vision did not yet exist. Now, after four years of actual production work, AVATAR delivers a fully immersive cinematic experience of a new kind, where the revolutionary technology invented to make the film, disappears into the emotion of the characters and the sweep of the story.

AVATAR opens in theaters everywhere December 18, 2009.

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Interessant å høre Cameron fortelle om hvorfor han ville lage Avatar

[YOUTUBE]-GreWI45Qho&eurl[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RV9nnVDTJz0&eurl[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OrXAM_Wwxto&eurl[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7ayfMGCL1yo&eurl[/YOUTUBE]

James Cameron Interview, AVATAR - MoviesOnline

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Jackson og Cameron om 3D, LOTR og Battle Angel...

[youtube]IXQEjLtdrGg&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]XqLX7TXOOZA&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]P5lnNM9siOw&feature[/youtube]

Expert Counterpointer sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Vil denne teknikken som Cameron viser til være veldig forskjellig fra f.eks. Istid 3D (så denne nylig på Coloseum 1)?

Expert AndersT2 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Feb 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Teknikken er nok mye av det samme, men det er mer måten det gjøres på.

Det normale til nå er at 3D filmer ofte har vært mer gimmik enn ekte, la ting poppe ut av skjermen osv.

Cameron lager en 3D film, hvor fokuset ikke er 3D. Som Cameron sa for noen år siden, hvis du har 2 som sitter bak i en taxi og prater, så vil også 3D hjelpe på å dra seeren inn i handlingen. Og passasjerene sitter ikke å stikker hendene etter publikum.

Dessuten så bruker helst Cameron ikke 3D betegnelsen, emn kaller det Stereobilder.

Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Takker for svar.

Poenget er vel egentlig det tekniske. Istid 3 3D var en film som passet veldig godt til 3D men det var en del slitsomme effekter. Blandt annet kommer det et slags "blink" i brillene med ujevne mellomrom. Opplevelsen av størrelsen på lerret blir også hemmet av brillene.
    Forstår det slik at "stereobildene" som Avatar er filmet med fra bunn av, er med spesialkamera med dobbel optikk osv. Håper jo at dette skal bety at 3D opplevelsen blir mer ekte.

Forøvrig et godt poeng at filmen ikke er laget i 3D for "effekter" men for å gi historien en ekstra dimensjon.

Intermediate Shallow_ sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sløvt at ingen greide å filme noe av previewen. Greit nok det er i 3D og ikke ville sett så veldig bra ut, men det ville vært bedre enn ingenting..
    Yamaha CX-A5000, Rotel RB 993x2 + RMB 1075, Audiovector Sign. Mi3-AV3Ci-Mi1, JVC DLA-X500, Oppo BDP-95EU Region Free

Min Hjemmekino Mine Bluray filmer

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    James Cameron og Vince Paces erfaring med 3D og måten det gjøres på, bør resultere i at 3D opplevelsen bli blir mer ekte enn med Istid. pluss det nye kamera systemet som Cameron har vært med på å utvikle

Litt mer om Fusion kamera systemet som er brukt til å lage Avatar...

Mer enn bare et kamera system...
    Vedlegg 52315
    PACE - World's Innovator and Global Leader in 3D Technology & 3D Entertainment

Noen youtube snutter om pace fusion systemet:

[youtube]2squ9HDuBeI&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]MkeydiPWuHs&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]MHhdbfu7olM&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]GfUnVtl2VlU&feature[/youtube]

The Fusion 3-D camera system was co-developed by James Cameron and and Vince Pace.

Fusion 3-D Camera: The rig uses two Sony HDCF950 HD cameras to create stereoscopic 3-D.

Performance Capture Workflow: A lot of the film was captured using a performance capture technique similar to that of which Robert Zemeckis filmed Beowulf. So Cameron developed a virtual camera which will allow his to point it at his actors and see them as their computer generated characters in real time.

Simulcam: A camera set-up which allows them to follow or monitor a virtual character which was captured in performance capture into a live action environment in real-time. It also allows them to see what a virtual backgrounds will look like in a live-action shot

Noe av det Cameron har sagt om systemet:

we have incorporated a real-time virtual camera, which allows me to direct [computer-generated] scenes as I would live-action scenes. I can see my actors performing as their characters, in real-time, and I can move my camera to adjust to their performances.

Computer-generated characters interact with actors who are being photographed on real, live-action set. We have real-time stereo (three-dimensional stereoscopic, or 3D) composites of characters, which will be viewed by me in the eyepiece of the camera while I'm shooting a live-action scene. This is revolutionary.

When I started down the path of developing the 3-D cameras with Vince Pace in 2000, we were looking for an alternative to the massive film-based cameras I'd used in the past. Two years later, while deep in stereo technology development and production, I had an epiphany: that the digital projectors being proposed to replace 35mm film, could support 3-D perfectly, because of their high frame rates. They could actually display 3-D by projecting left and right eyes sequentially, at crazy high frame rates, which we perceive as simultaneous. So I figured this would mean that a whole new era of 3-D was now possible, and that our humble 3-D efforts would ride to market on the broad back of the digital cinema rollout, which was seen as imminent and inevitable.

On "Avatar," I have not consciously composed my shots differently for 3-D. I am just using the same style I always do. In fact, after the first couple of weeks, I stopped looking at the shots in 3-D while I was working, even though the digital cameras allow real-time stereo viewing. I had someone else checking them for good stereo as we were shooting, in a small theater we set up near the stage for that purpose. I would get real-time feedback from my "golden-eyes" team in the theater, if a shot needed to be adjusted to increase or decrease the stereospace.

The Fusion cameras can dynamically shift from hypo-stereo, which is to say less than normal interocular distance, (the distance between the left eye and the right eye lenses) for closeups -- to hyper-stereo (wider than normal) for long lens shots where the subject is relatively far away. The new cameras work well on Steadicam, on cranes and dollies, on SpiderCam and Cablecam rigs, and work very well handheld. So all the normal types of shots can be done. I compose the shots on a 2-D monitor, while in
    the back of my mind I'm imagining it in 3-D. That way I know I'm always making a good 2-D movie as I go along. I also edit in 2-D, for the same reason.

The new cameras allow complete control over the stereospace. You should think of interocular like volume. You can turn the 3-D up or down, and do it smoothly on the fly during a shot. So if you know you're in a scene which will require very fast cuts, you turn the stereo down (reduce the interocular distance) and you can cut fast and smoothly. The point here is that just because you're making a stereo movie doesn't mean that stereo is the most important thing in every shot or sequence. If you choose to do rapid cutting, then the motion of the subject from shot to shot to shot is more important than the perception of stereospace at that moment in the film. So sacrifice the stereospace and enjoy the fast cutting. Stereo is just another color to paint with, and the new camera tools allow complete control. I think it takes a few frames, maybe the better part of a second, for the eye to properly assimilate the stereospace of a shot. If the shot only lasts 18 frames, you're not getting much value out of the 3-D, so let that drop down in priority below the flow of the motion.

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Medlem siden
    Feb 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Blir spennende å følge med hva som dukker opp på siden.

Musikken virker i hvertfall til å være bra.

Ett lite halv off-topic spørsmål til de som har vært på 3D kino i Norge. Hvordan fungerer 3D brillene for folk som bruker normale briller? Vil ikke det kræsje litt?

Newcomer E.H.D sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Aug 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Guru RuneW sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Sted
    Sarpsborg
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av AndersT2
    Ett lite halv off-topic spørsmål til de som har vært på 3D kino i Norge. Hvordan fungerer 3D brillene for folk som bruker normale briller? Vil ikke det kræsje litt?
    Jeg bruker briller (på kino) og på de fornøyelsespark-3d-kinoene jeg har vært på har det vært helt forferdelig.

Virket ikke som oss brilleslanger var tatt spesielt hensyn til, desverre. Håper kino-brillene er annerledes.

Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    De 3D brillene vi fikk når jeg så Istid 3 på Coloseum 1 er type "blues brother" typen. Egner seg ikke med briller under IMHO.

Edit; se kommentar i post #78

Guru RuneW sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Sted
    Sarpsborg
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Counterpointer
    De 3D brillene vi fikk når jeg så Istid 3 på Coloseum 1 er type "blues brother" typen. Egner seg ikke med briller under IMHO.
    Det var det jeg var redd for...

Skulle muligens ha vært to typer: En for bebrillede og en for seende mennesker.

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Man må ikke bruke de brillene, men utvalget er ikke stort enda

Medlem siden
    Feb 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Brillene er vel eneste måte å få 3D effekten på, uten briller så blir vel ikke bildet bra heller?

Guru RuneW sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Sted
    Sarpsborg
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av AndersT2
    Brillene er vel eneste måte å få 3D effekten på, uten briller så blir vel ikke bildet bra heller?
    Tipper han mente "må ikke bruke de brillene", altså at kinobrillene er noe billig ræl, og at man får kjøpt "proff-briller". Kanskje de kommer med styrke også, slik at man klarer seg uten dobbelt-brille-syndromet?

Men da kommer selvsagt problemet med de forskjellige systemene opp...

Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Kan løse dette problemet med å bruke linser (i stedet for vanlige briller).
    Jeg er linsebruker så det er en god løsning for meg, men vet at det er tilvenning på å bruke linser.

Hvis en IKKE bruker 3D briller på 3D film blir det uklart bilde og umulig å se på!

BTW; må moderere mitt tidligere utsagn litt. Fant frem noen gamle vanlige briller og tok 3D brillene utenpå. Det går ann. lettere jo mindre briller/innfatning en har. Så løpet er ikke helt kjørt for 3D entusiaster med briller 8)

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av erikaur
    Man må ikke bruke de brillene, men utvalget er ikke stort enda
    Ble litt feil formulert. Det er jo bare disse Vedlegg 52974 (10kr) man kan kjøpe på realD kino.

Det jeg tenkte på var at designet må ikke være "roy orbison" 8)

Exclusive: Collider talks with the CEO of RealD Michael Lewis
    (#24 )

Og fra et annet intervju med Lewis; That's one of the new things we're seeing here this year, where everyone who attends ShoWest is handed their own personal set of RealD glasses.
    Yeah, we're trying to be smart about it. Where we're going to lead on this is that people are going to have their own 3D eyewear. I see a time in the very near future where you're going to go and order your own pair and you can style them any way you want.

Has anyone jumped on that yet?
    Oh, yeah. We're working on that. I expect it to happen soon.

De som så premieren på U2 3D fikk realD briller designet av Bono : RealD 3D Brings U2 3D Home

Og så er det de brillene man får kjøpt på noen nettsider (circular polarized glasses reald): circular polarized glasses - Google-søk=

IGN: Designer 3D Glasses Coming Soon Ray-Ban 3D briller

Guru RuneW sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2005
    Sted
    Sarpsborg
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hehe - 3D-briller designet av Bono er sikkert vel og bra for den motebevisste, men det hjelper jo ikke oss som har mer eller mindre moteubevisste briller fra før...

Personlig blåser jeg i om jeg ser ut som en dust i kinomørket, men det som plager meg at det er direkte ubehagelig å ha "briller på briller". Ikke er det optimalt rent optisk heller! Har googlet litt, men har ikke klart å finne noen som tar opp denne problemstillingen. Kanskje fordi jeg ikke har klart å tenke ut de riktige søkeordene.

Side 4 av 37 FørsteFørste 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 24 34 ... SisteSiste

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •