Medlem siden
    Nov 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Disse MHZS-spillerne har fått mye skryt. Er det noen som har erfaringer med CD 33e?

Intermediate Mirage sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Her er sakset fra et annet forum:

I had a bloody good session with the CD33 last night and something certainly wasn't quite right with the sound, it was pretty hazy as if someone had coated the lens with varnish.... you know the kind of sound I mean... fuzzy and distant, pretty compressed and congealed sounding.... not bad but far from what I'm used to.

Straight under the bonnet this afternoon and whipped the OPA2604 out and *****d a dip8 socket.... there were about 14 1N4007 diodes on the main board so I whipped them all out and *****d UF4007 in their place, whilst I was there I replaced some of the caps with Panasonic FC / FM (I'll probably get round to replacing all of the Rubycon lookalikes over the next few days)

Let me say right now, the PCB is the best I have yet seen in a commercial product... a joy to work with and no way will you ever lift any of those pads, the PCB is as solid as a rock and the quality of soldering second to none.... anyways, I digress......

Popped in an OPA2107 and fired her up.... you know what? chalk and cheese, the improvement is VAST with the sound now being extremely open, spacious and with absolutely subterranean bass... astonishing improvement (not a difference but a marked improvement) I've got a feeling the stash of 1N4007 were adding a bit of grunge to the sound and the OPA2604 probably not the optimum chip for the job.

As it stands the CD33 is coming very close to my Marantz CD17KI and surpasses my heavily modded Denon DCD-835 by quite some margin and I've only really dipped my toe in so far! This degree of improvement with the stock Chinese 6N3 valves still in situ, the PSU board untouched and the grotty latching pin output connection still in place.

I can't wait to hear this puppy with half decent output valves, hardwired output connections, Ultrafast diodes in the PSU section, more capacitance, damping... etc. etc. etc. This is a true tweakers dream and @ £180 (or cheaper) an absolute bargain!

I really must get some pictures uploaded, I've run out of space on most of my websites but will be upgrading from 250MB to 1500MB shortly so my camera will go into action again soon.

One helluva CD player for the money though and one I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with, not only can you opamp roll to tailor the sound to your own ears you can also valve roll.... PCB's are quite easily removed from the chassis too (a few screws) so you can whip either of the PCBs out in a couple of minutes and go to work on them should you want to go further than simply opamp / valve rolling... as I previously mentioned the PCBs are top quality and virtually impossible to lift pads / destroy them.

This guy has LOTS of potential and it's got my juices flowing again... watch out!

Dette er moro!

Hele tråden:
    MHZS cd33 CD player, anyone tried one?

Expert
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    et par karer mener den mhzs 88 til 4k er på høyde med EMC-1. hva koster den, 25-30k? hmm..kunne vært morro å prøvd

Intermediate B&W'Eier sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Blir vel å kaste meg på denne bølgen jeg også, for detta ga mersmak etter det jeg har lest om den! og Mirage som er veldig flink til å "bite" folk! Kjenner du deg igjen Mirage?

Expert HoJ sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av einis
    et par karer mener den mhzs 88 til 4k er på høyde med EMC-1. hva koster den, 25-30k? hmm..kunne vært morro å prøvd

Med gode rør.. ser ikke bort i fra det!
    Kjeller :Talk Electronics Tornado 3; Golden Tube Audio SEP-1; REL Stampede; Magnepan MG12; Audio-Gd nfb-2.32DAC; Squeezebox v3/Vortexbox; Vinylsnurrer: Luxman PD272/DL110pu/MyGroov;
    Stue : Audio Pro Addon T8/SB Duet;
    Kjøkken : SB Boom.

Følg oss på Facebook... HIFI Norge

Intermediate Mirage sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hehe, jeg gjør mitt beste

Da var spiller bestilt

Intermediate Legatia sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Nice

Da er det bare å sette igang moddetråd da

Medlem siden
    Sep 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Nå har jeg mottatt herligheten min, en CD88E. Den måtte seff under kniven!

Så får dere som har litt innblikk i dette kommentere om hva som evt. kan forbedres

Lurer på hva alle de tomme plassene her skulle vært til?

Under MHZS dekselet der ligger det visst en burr-brown ettellerannet og noen små motstander, det burde vel kunne byttes?..

Røra som fulgte med, og den OPampen der burde vel kunne byttes.. forslag til ny OPamp?

Røra som fulgte med.. noen som vet hva merke dette er? kina opplegg?
    Faktisk triple mica jo

Til høyre her er mitt nye 6Z4 rør, som liksom var NOS gammelt kina militær rør... merkelig at det som fulgte med er prikk likt utenom de små talla på bunnen.. (det til venstre er original rør)

Og her står det mündorf, men med løs plastikk? skeptisk......

Og jo.. lyden.... rett ut av ekse lyd, kan ikke sies å være noe mindre enn forbløffende bra!

Expert
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2004
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Tesla. men kan jo være fake for den del

Expert HoJ sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hvis det låter bra.. Hvorfor modde?
    Kjeller :Talk Electronics Tornado 3; Golden Tube Audio SEP-1; REL Stampede; Magnepan MG12; Audio-Gd nfb-2.32DAC; Squeezebox v3/Vortexbox; Vinylsnurrer: Luxman PD272/DL110pu/MyGroov;
    Stue : Audio Pro Addon T8/SB Duet;
    Kjøkken : SB Boom.

Følg oss på Facebook... HIFI Norge

Medlem siden
    Sep 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    fordi det mest sannsynlig har bra potensiale til å bli enda bedre

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Synd det antagelig er mest fake

Fant denne som sikkert er av interesse. Så bra mekanikk og så mye fake ellers...synd, jeg som hadde tenkt kjøpe meg enten CD33 eller CD66

Not just the caps Fergus, even the laser is a fake.... Sony don't make a KSS-213Q pickup... these are Chinese made and quite short lasting from what I can make out.... just why they'd want to label it as "SONY" god only knows.... these are el cheapo sweatshop jobs you can pick up for pennies

It amazes me that six moons even refers to it as a "sony" laser pickup (even shows a picture of it!) 6moons audio reviews: Raysonic CD128 it also amazes me that the $1700 Raysonic CD-128, Spark Audio's CDT-23 and Shanling's HDCD-S12 should be using such a "moody" laser pickup.... No such thing as a "SONY KSS-213Q" pickup..... fact.

It just makes me wonder how much Chinese gear employs counterfeit / fake parts.... quite a lot I'd imagine. Just think about it..... an amp / CD player crammed full of exotic components being knocked out for a few quid, no way can that be possible if genuine exotic parts are being used.... I suspect quite a lot of the bargain gear that's coming out of China contains pretty dire parts covered in fake wrappers, thing is these so called "reviewers" haven't got a bloody clue..... time they started to earn their living and do some research I think

The OPA2604 I removed from the CD33 looks nothing like the stash of OPA2604 I have...... possible the 2604 in the CD33 is nothing more than an NE5532 with "OPA2604" printed onto it. The caps (ELNA Silmic, Rubycon, Mcaps, SCR etc.) are CERTAINLY not genuine.... I can spot a fake a mile away..... you've only got to desolder the Silmics and feel them, way too lightweight to be genuine and the wrappers are also a dead giveaway (not maybe so obvious to the untrained eye though) The Rubycons are fakes, no need to remove them from the board to determine that, the printing on the sleeves is just awful.......

Anyways, I'm not "complaining"..... the CD33 sounds superb but just thought I'd mention that all that glitters is not necessarily gold and I hope this thread opens up a can of worms and gets people under the bonnet actually "looking" in depth at the components.... as I say, when reviewers are being duped and passing on shite information to their readers it's getting into blind leading the blind territory.... there's also possible forgery / dishonesty going down yet nobody seems to want to address that..............

Rock Grotto Forum - MHZS cd33 CD player, anyone tried one?

Mvh Ole

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

JJ er IKKE TESLA

JJ er rør produsert i dag med noe av den gamle TESLA fabrikkens utstyr. TESLA ER NOS
    se eller mye bra om rør hos/www.jacmusic.com/:twisted:

Side 2 av 2 FørsteFørste 1 2

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •