Medlem siden
    Aug 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Some questions I asked Anders but owners may be able to answer...

Are the full image adjustments available over DVI (the Sharp does not have access to them all on DVI) ???

When using DVI do you work with PC spec / NTSC Japan (0IRE = 0,0,0 RGB) or Video spec (0IRE = 16,16,16) ???

Do you work to US NTSC 6500k out of the box or not ??? If not what is the basic color temp ??

As I am a girder fan and want to fully automate my HT, are all adjustments possible over RS232 (or USB with a control application / API) ??

Can stored settings be triggered over RS232 and how many are available eg if I set a night mode (high CR low brightness) and a day mode of flat out brightness, can I trigger them via RS232 easily ??

Very odd one here !!! Does the remote have a 'mouse' mode / joystick like presentation displays... For HTPC use having a USB or serial mouse mode is great ??

Do you know of a calculator for offset (there is no lens shift is there ??) any better than the info on the PDF ??

Lastly how about if it is fed a XGA signal... Can it downscale and pillar box that image or stretch it for full panel... I ask as I like to big screen game sometimes...

I have 0 interest in the internal scaling abilities... Everything will be externally scaled and fed by DVI...

Thanks for any insights you can give me...

Administrator Ak sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hello Phat Phreddy, and welcome to AVforum.no

A while ago members of this BB had a projector shootout were both the 7200 and Action 1(Pre prod. model) was demonstrated. And as far as I've heard, the majority of the people prefered the "Action" picture.

Maybe some of the owners can tell you more.. All I can say is that all of them seems very satisfied...

Regards

AK

Grunnlegger lygren sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Blogginnlegg
    Nevnt
    18 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (100.00% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Hello Phat, and welcome to AVforum.no!

Exciting to have a moderator from AVSforum.com by for a little visit! You're like royalty over here! :lol:

Unfortunately, I have still not received a testing unit from Anders, but I am sure some of our Action! owning members can give you an answer to many of your questions.

If it had not been for me getting married this weekend and travelling to Italy for a week on my honeymoon 8) , I would have been able to see the Action! properly setup next week... I hope I may be able to give the owner, Per, a visit the week thereafter, and can comment the unit a little more then.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Aug 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Royalty hah !! Thats a first...

Well I certainly would hope it bested the 7200 in CR as the 7200 is the weakest HD2 in that regard... Infocus clearly went for the brightness angle that may well have been a good 'consumer' shot but seems to have fallen flat on the videophiles...

The variable options on the Action1 sound like an ideal compromise if they work...

Sorry for dragging this into English...

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hi, Phreddy!

Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to test the DVI as I don't have any HTPC with DVI at the moment. However you have access to all the image adjustments when using VGA and I wouldn't be surprised if you have them all using DVI as well. It seems you have access to all the different adjustments no matter what signal you're using... but don't kill me if I'm wrong

I do not know if the Action works with PC spec or Video spec, sorry.

I'm not sure about the Basic color temp either, but I think it comes out of the box with a color temp at 7300. This is very easy to change, and 6500 is of course one of the standard settings you can choose from the menu and then store in a preset. You also have the opportunity to adjust all the colors separately if necessary.

Ragarding Girder and RS232 I don't think I can help you, but you can store 10 presets and easily recall them using the remote. Even though you can make a 'night mode' with low brightness this does not affect the CR. The CR will remain the same regardless of brightness due to the optical design using a fixed aperture. However I wouldn't advice using full brightness in a dark room without having a pair of sunglasses 8)

The remote has a trackball, and if you have the computer close by you can use this trackball to control the mouse pointer by hooking a USB cable from the Action to your PC. I haven't had the chance to try this since my computer is too far away from the Action, but it sounds like a nice feature.

To find the approximate offset you can divide the screenwidth by 11. This is not fully accurate, but pretty much so. It'll certainly give you a good idea.

If you feed the Action an XGA signal you can either leave it 1:1 (thus loosing some of the picture at the top and bottom), scale it (4:3), stretch it (16:9) or rrreeaallly stretch it to Anamorphic (2.35:1). Your choice... I use powerstrip with the Actions native resolution of 1280x720 and this works great with movies. I don't play that much, but the stretching of the XGA signal looks pretty good and is probably well suited for gaming.

I'd also like to mention that AndersL at projectiondesign has always been very helpful. A couple of days ago I asked about some issues regarding scaling of the VGA signal. Anders just said he would bring the DVD's I mentioned to work and have the software guys fix the software (scaling from letterbox to fullscreen, which can be done using video but not using computer signal input).

Allthough you're not interested in scaling I think this shows how much customer support means to projectiondesign.

I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever buying the Action, and I don't see myself with a new projector for many years now.

I hope that some of this might help you decide what to do!

Good luck!

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Aug 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Rinn thanks very much for that info... It really seems like the action is a contender and that just makes my choice between it and the Sharp all the harder (but some problems are good problems)...

I also have been in touch with Anders a lot too... Very helpful and informative...

Lastly checking your site the screenshots look great but small digital photos rarely are able to show the subtle nuances of a machine... Have you demo'ed any other HD2 DLP machines ??? Do you have any way of rating the Actions strenghts in relation to them...

This user input is very welcome.

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    The screenshots at my site does unfortunately not justify the actual image quality of the Action, but thats normal with screenshots anyway. When pushing HDTV material from a PC through the Action this looks fantastic, and I anxiously await a better technology that can replace DVD

I haven't had the chance to compare other HD2 projectors and Action, but all the places I've read about the 'Action' the reviews have been very good. The CR are among the best of the HD2's. I also appreciate projectiondesigns costomer support since I've already have had enough problemes with Panasonic and their PT-AE300E.

This along with the fact that projectiondesign is located 'just around the corner', at least compared to Panasonic which is in Japan, I felt I could be slightly patriotic and go for a norwegian product

And I sure don't regret it.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Fremdeles på tilbud?

Det er fremdeles en reklame for Action "direkte fra fabrikk i en begrenset periode" på toppen av siden her. Betyr det at intro-tilbudet på Action fremdeles gjelder? Skulle det ikke gå ut 1. september?

H.

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Det er vel et spørsmål Lygren får svare på? Det er vel han som administrerer reklame spottene på siden her...

Intermediate OleM sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Om prisen virkelig stiger nå, så har jeg ingen tro på at det kan vare.
    Det blir spennende og se hva som skjer nå som TI har lansert sin HD2+ chip. Produsentene har ganske sikkert hatt tilgang til denne chipen en stund. Skal bli spennende å se hva som skjer med HD2 basserte projer når nye projer bassert på den nye chipen kommer på markedet.
    Det er spennende tider!

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Selvfølgelig kommer prisen ikke til å vare om den går opp nå. Det er som med all annen elektronikk...

Prisene stuper og alt blir bare bedre og bedre... men et sted må man slenge seg på karusellen, og det vil si å kjøpe noe man selv kan være fornøyd med.

Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Blogginnlegg
    Nevnt
    18 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Tror i utgangspunktet tilbudet er slutt folkens, skal få fjernet banneren snarlig! Har ikke fått noen ny beskjed fra Anders, iallfall!

Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Blogginnlegg
    Nevnt
    18 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Kontrabeskjed... Action! tilbudet vil vare enda littegranne til :wink: Dette er fremdeles en topp projektor for 50.000!

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Första posten på detta forumet, har blivit hitlockad av Robertaas inlägg om Action1 på svenska prisjakt.nu.

Action1 har väckt mitt intresse då den är en av de få HD2-projektorer som ligger inom min budget (tillsammans med BenQ 8700 och när den släpps, Optoma H76), åtminstone om man som svensk kan dra nytta av det fina introduktionspriset. Jag har inte fått klartecken på att jag kan köpa den för introduktionspriset, men jag har gott hopp. Isåfall räknar jag med att beställa en Action1 nästa vecka (man vill ju dessutom hellre köpa en projektor från brodersfolket än från Japan eller USA ).

Problemet är att jag inte är säker på att jag kan få en demo av den innan köpet (jag vet att action1 har sålts till någon i min hemstad Uppsala, men jag vet inte vem eller om det är möjligt att få en förevisning, även om jag forskar i detta). Tänkte därför fråga er som har projektorn lite mer om era erfarenheter. Jag har inte heller lyckats hitta någon ordentlig recension av Action1 som kunnat underlätta valet.

Jag har läst en del jämförelser mellan Infocus 7200 och Action1 som verkar lovande (plus att jag sett filmen från shootouten där projectiondesign tappade sin prototyp i golvet, ouch ). Det jag undrar är om det finns någon som kan jämföra Action1 med andra HD2 projektorer, tänker främst kanske på BenQ 8700 och Marantz SP2, de två HD2 projektorerna jag sett mest. Jag är även intresserad av om någon har en uppfattning av skillnaden mellan Nec HT1000 och Optoma H56. Av de som svarade Phat Phreddy hade inte så många sett så många andra HD2-projektorer, men det har gått några veckor sedan dess så jag tyckte det var värt ett försök iallafall.

Direkta frågor, skriv gärna vad ni jämför med:

Färgbalans?

Ljusstyrka, hur stora dukar har ni, hur funkar projektorn med lite ströljus?

Kontrast, hur förändras den vid varierad lumen?

Regnbågar, förekommer de i mer eller mindre omfattning än hos övriga HD2 projektorer ni sett?

Lämpligt dukmaterial, vad använder ni?

Hur bra är bilden med icke-progressiv signal från komponent eller S-video, kort sagt, hur bra interlacer är det?

Jag inser att det är många frågor, och jag hoppas jag kan ordna en demo där jag förmodligen får svar på de flesta av dessa frågor. Men om inte, vore det bra om ni som har erfarenhet av denna projektor skulle kunna svara, jag skulle känna mig tryggare inför ett eventuellt köp nästa vecka (under förutsättning att jag får köpa den för introduktionspriset vill säga...)

Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Blogginnlegg
    Nevnt
    18 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Hør med AndersL her på forumet, eller klikk Action! banneren på toppen for direkte kontakt med Anders, så ordner han helt sikkert med en demo for deg!

Intermediate Rusty sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    En review av action!testet med HTPC http://www1.hivizone.com/forum/displ...PagePosition=1

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Ifølge reklamen av Action i siste Lyd & Bilde blir den nå oppgradert med HD2+ chip'en

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Aug 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Noen som har fått noen tekniske opplysninger om denne ? Prisen kommer vel til å stige. Kontrasten kommer vel over 3000:1 med HD2+ brikken

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Pris på Action

Prisen er den samme som før. Ifølge Anders hos PD vil alle Action model one leveres med HD2+ brikke heretter. . "Introduksjonstilbudet" gjelder også fortsatt, men hvor lenge vet ikke jeg. Tipper den ikke vil gå opp ?

Jeg vet desverre ikke spesifikasjonene.

Side 4 av 17 FørsteFørste 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... SisteSiste

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •