Hvilken plate har du kjøpt idag? - Side 137

Sponsorer:
Takk Takk:  0
Like Like:  1
Side 137 av 167 FørsteFørste ... 7 17 27 37 47 57 67 77 87 97 107 117 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 147 157 ... SisteSiste
Viser resultater 2,721 til 2,740 av 3324
    Expert Supertramp sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    15 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)
    Synd du ikke var på HFK temakveld i Kristiansand i går, Morten.

Mye snakk om ripping der som du garantert hadde hatt noe å bidra med.

f.eks "HDCD- 24bit rippe ??"

Intermediate mteinum sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Ouch. det gikk jeg glipp av, ja.

Når det gjelder HDCD så går det fint å rippe det med EAC (dette er helt normal CDDA), og windows media player vil da dekode denne informasjonen.

Det finnes også en hdcd.exe som man kan bruke på wav filene for å lage en ny fil slik at man får med peak & gain ext.

HDCD allows the use of three features: peak extend, gain adjustment and reconstruction filter switching. Windows media player supports peak extend and gain adjustment, and it has hence been possible to fully implement these features.

Filter switching, however, only makes sense when you are upsampling, something which wmp doesn't do, and there's hence no reference to implement it from. Investigation of various test CDs and various (usually contradictory) literature has led to the conlusion that there are only two filters available at playback, the normal filter and the transient filter.

The reason for this conlusion is that of the three bits of each hdcd code remaining after peak extend and gain adjustment, wmp abandons two, but explicitly stores the remaining one (suggesting that this is the only important remaing bit, giving only two options).

An ivestigation of when this bit was set was what lead to the conclusions that it is intended to cover transients. If you take a look at,

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cjk32/hdcd...3%20Panama.PNG

the right channel is untouched, and the left channel shows that value of this remaining bit. It is set to for a period covering each of the drum beats, and similar behaviour is observed with many other tracks.

The intention is to try to add upsampling to the code once the filter's responses are known. I'm hoping that someone with a hardware HDCD decoder (which should be upsample and switch filters) will be able to play the following test tracks through it to ascertain the impulse / frequency response,

Index of /~cjk32/hdcd/transient_filter

These are a frequency sweep and an impulse train with hdcd codes embedded to either enable the normal or trainsient filter (_nf.wav, _tf.wav). If anyone does have a go with these, please don;t put the impulse train through speakers (or amp?), I can't imagine it'll do them any good.
    HDCD Software Decoder - Doom9's Forum

Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    15 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    ...og nettopp derfor skulle du vært der

Intermediate Millmaker sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

En liten tur på Platekompaniet

resulterte i disse 2 platene under armen når jeg gikk ut igjen:

Kari Bremnes - Fantastisk Allerede 159,-

Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live 99,-

Mørke høstkvelder kan kanskje gi litt godlyd allikevel?

Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Enda en Jay Graydon produksjon:

Kenny Rogers - The Don't Make Them Like They Used To

[youtube]FXsq8H_nHZA[/youtube]

Med bla

Jay Graydon
    Robbie Buchanan
    Michael Landau
    Bill Champlin
    Randy Goodrum
    Nathan East
    Steve Lukather
    Richard Page
    Carlos Vega
    Abraham Laboriel
    Tamara Champlin
    El Debarge

Amazon.com: They Don't Make Them Like They Used to: Kenny Rogers: Music

Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Da kan julen komme, jeg er klar.

Steve Lukather & Friends - SantaMental

Amazon.com: Santamental: Steve Lukather: Music

Moderator Roger Waters sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    2 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Idag kom følgende inn døra:

Lisa Dal Bello - Lisa Dal Bello [SHM-CD UICY-94654]

Bruce Hibbard - Never Turnin' Back [COOL 046]

Airplay - Airplay 30th Anniversary Special Edition [Blu-spec CD SICP 20249]

Intermediate DiFontaine sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Metallica - Six Feet Down Under EP

Spesialutgivelse i forbinnelse med årets Australia-turne, og siden jeg skal på konserten i Perth 23/10 syntes jeg denne var kjekk å ha

Fra metallica.com:
    This eight song limited edition EP is only available in Australia/New Zealand and here in the Met Store! Released in celebration of the band's sold out tour there in the Fall of 2010, there are two songs recorded from each of the previous four Trans-Tasman tours in 1989, 1993, 1998, and 2004 and none of these songs have been released before as live “b-sides.” This EP was compiled from fan submissions of bootlegs, sound board tapes from the vault, and live multi-track recordings. The sound on a few tracks is well, “bootleggy,” but all part of the fun!

Tracklist:
    1. Eye of the Beholder - Recorded live on May 4, 1989 at Festival Hall in Melbourne
    2. ...And Justice For All - Recorded live on May 4, 1989 at Festival Hall in Melbourne
    3. Through the Never - Recorded live on April 8, 1993 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
    4. The Unforgiven - Recorded live on April 4, 1993 at the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne
    5. Low Man's Lyric (Acoustic) - Recorded live on April 11, 1998 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
    6. Devil's Dance - Recorded live on April 12, 1998 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
    7. Frantic - Recorded live on January 21, 2004 at the Entertainment Centre in Sydney
    8. Fight Fire With Fire - Recorded live on January 19, 2004 at the Entertainment Centre in Brisbane

Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Daniel Nelson - Daniel Nelson

There was not much going on in the Westcoast scene over the course of the last couple of years. Even more so when it comes to new artists to step into the limelight. Most of the new talents that managed to gain some attention came from Scandinavia like Peter Friestedt or Corin & Edman.

With Daniel Nelson a fresh new face is finally stepping to the forefront who knows the Californian way of life from his own experience and his songs reflect this. The connoisseur knows this kind of music very well from bands like Maxus, Pages, Airplay, Sneaker and Ambrosia.

When he was looking out for an arranger and producer Daniel met Ed Smart, a guy who exactly knew what Daniels songs should sound like. For the recordings studio musicians were picked by hand in L.A. and every single one of them was capable to create this perfect mixture of AOR, Smooth Jazz, Soul and R’n’B. The names of session pros like the guitar players Nick Brown and Allen Hinds or percussionist Brian Kilgore can mostly be read in the credits of Smooth Jazz greats like Michael Paulo, Dave Koz, Dan Siegel and Warren Hill, but in the past they were also booked by Robbie Williams, Cock Robin or The Goo Goo Dolls. Another great cast of players is the Vine Street Horns who are the regular horn section of none other than the mighty Phil Collins. With so much musical competence it’s not surprising that the sound of the five tracks got absolutely perfect and there is nothing left to be desired.

The opener of this Westcoast cycle is “Madelynn”, it’s a bit funky with a Soul and R’n’B touch and Nick Brown adds his brilliant guitar licks from start to finish, crowning his work with an amazing solo. The horn section also contributes to the fine sound with its accentuated playing.
    Next up is “Is It You ?” a cover version of the Lee Ritenour classic which is pretty close to the original and it fits in perfectly with Daniel’s own compositions.
    The following trip to Camarillo is a wonderful ballad that shows a lot of feel in Daniel’s wonderful emotional voice which is supported by a smooth arrangement with piano, nylon string guitar and tasteful percussions. The songs theme picks up a well known former mental hospital north west of Los Angeles. Ambrosia were also “Ready For Camarillo” when they led their “Life Beyond L.A.” and rumor has it that The Eagles also got inspired by this facility and its voices down the corridor when they wrote their Westcoast classic “Hotel California”.
    The song that rocks the most is “Here in L.A.”, on the basis of a pumping rhythm Nick Brown takes his chances in playing his guitar on the rhythm and lead tracks in the familiar Lukather / Landau / Graydon / Thompson-way. It’s a tune in the Toto – The Seventh One vein and Daniel himself has played the piano, besides that his vocals show another facet here, an almost aggressive one. This stylistic element supports the song lyrics displaying a critical view on Los Angeles. A city which is by no means as glamorous as it might seem at first glance.
    “Emily” is the closing ballad and this time Allen Hinds shows his guitar skills. Covering a wide spectrum with solid rhythm work in the beginning, an amazing solo during the bombastic middle part of the song and perfectly placed guitar licks during the fade out of this impressive Westcoast experience.

In the late 70s and early 80s David Foster had an assembly line to produce songs like these. Since he went into Westcoast retirement we can call ourselves happy that Daniel Nelson is a master in bringing the traditional Westcoast sound to life with fascinating arrangements and with the best sound you can possibly think of.
    (Review by Gregor Klee)

Zink Music
    Daniel Nelson | Daniel Nelson | CD Baby

Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    15 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Et aldri så lite "kupp":

Anton Bruckner - 9 symfonier, komplett - Eugen Jochum m/Statskapelle Dresden - 9CD

Hele herlighet levert hjem for ca kr 150,-

Bruckner - Complete Symphonies /Eugen Jochum: Anton Bruckner, Eugen Jochum, Staatskapelle Dresden: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Mark Costa - Textures

Sydney bassist Mark Costa is proud to present his debut CD, “Textures”. This CD features eight original compositions written by Mark with a fresh contemporary jazz sound comparable to the Yellowjackets, Pat Metheny and Tribal Tech. Through his post-graduate studies of the Schillinger System, Mark has found a new compositional voice that blends his love of jazz, funk and latin rhythms with rich melodic and harmonic textures.

MARK COSTA - TEXTURES
    Mark Costa | Textures | CD Baby

Rod Kinny - Higher Self

The recording of what became "Higher Self" began eleven months after the release of "The Rod Kinny EP". I had bought a copy of Ambrosia's Anthology CD and began listening and rediscovering not only how much I loved their hits, but a full spectrum containing their deeper more progressive works which much of the public is unaware of. As I kept listening more & more, I began to wonder what the band members were doing currently. I discovered Ambrosia's co-founder Joe Puerta was still touring with the band and owns a recording studio in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I kept listening to Anthology and decided to pursue my idea to record at Joe's studio with him as producer. At the time I was expecting scheduling conflicts due to travel between Minneapolis & Milwaukee, Ambrosia's tour schedule, and considerations such as "can I afford this guy?" I came in contact with one of his artists who as it turned out had a terrific CD produced by Joe and strongly recommended him. That was enough for me, I was ready to take the plunge.

The first session was in January 2007. I would book studio time every three months, drive to Milwaukee, do an all day session, travel home, repeat in 90 days. As time went by I felt my enthusiasm build after each session. Not only was Joe a very skilled musician & producer, his staff & session musicians were amazing & very experienced. With all the shared enthusiasm, it really gave me the confidence to bring to life my very best music. Forty months later and with contributions from some old friends in Minneapolis, "Higher Self" is here. It may not seem to some a very practical approach to recording though I think it was wise. This CD means a great deal to me. Enjoy!

Rod Kinny | Higher Self | CD Baby
    Home

Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    15 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av mteinum
    Mark Costa - Textures
    Har noen signerte greier jeg også - men det er av en überlekker sangerinnefugl som bor i Kanada......

Men istedetfor "To xxxxxx", står det "Dearest xxxxx."

Enten selger dama uendelig lite med plater, eller så har jeg gjort et uslettelig inntrykk på henne - haha

Roger, henne har du ikke kjørt til Ændal, ennå.....

Intermediate mik92 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2005
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Deep Purple - Made In Japan kom i posten i går.

Sony XA5ES - BIX Turntable (Rega RB-250 og AT-95E) - SB Touch - Sony S370 - Onkyo 717 - Sony TA-E77ESD - Dynaco ST70 (Mullard EL34) - Canton CT-1000 - DIY SVS PC 16-46

Newcomer Xevious sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Sep 2008
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Noen CDer fra Play de to siste ukene

- Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh BBC Live in Concert (2 CD)
    - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - No Quarter
    - Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door (Remastered)
    - Led Zeppelin - Presence (Remastered)
    - Motörhead - Another Perfect Day (2 CD)
    - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
    - Rush - A Farewell to Kings (Remastered)
    - Rush - Hemisphere (Remastered)
    - Rush - Moving Pictures (Remastered)

Medlem siden
    Nov 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Jaye P. Morgan - Jaye P. Morgan [YDCD-0112]

Ben Sidran - The cat and the hat [SHM-CD UICY-93417]

Suzanne Ciani - Synthesizer
    Luther Vandross - Vocals (bckgr)
    Michael Brecker - Saxophone (Tenor)
    Pete Christlieb - Flute, Saxophone (Tenor)
    Don Grolnick - Organ
    Joe Henderson - Saxophone (Tenor)
    Tom Scott - Flute, Saxophone (Tenor)
    Paulinho Da Costa - Percussion
    Buzzy Feiten - Guitar
    Mike Finnegan - Vocals (bckgr)
    Steve Gadd - Drums
    Gordon Gordy - Vocals (bckgr)
    Gary Grant - Trumpet
    Tom Harrell - Trumpet
    Jerry Hey - Trumpet
    Jim Horn - Flute, Saxophone (Baritone)
    Abe Laboriel - Bass
    Mike Mainieri - Synthesizer, Fender Rhodes, Vibes
    Lee Ritenour - Guitar
    Ben Sidran - Synthesizer, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals
    Ian Underwood - Synthesizer
    Max Gronanthal - Vocals (bckgr)
    Dick Hyde - Trombone
    Tisha Campbell - Vocals (bckgr)
    Gerard Randell - Vocals (bckgr)
    Frank Floyd - Vocals (bckgr)

Ben Sidran's The Cat And The Hat

Active Stian.V.H sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Dire straits-Love over gold

Dire straits-Making movies

Intermediate zeezar sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    The Blaster`s potente roots-album fra 2004, 4-11-44, har flere gode rock n`roll-låter. Dette forførte meg til å tro at soloalbumet fra en av de impliserte, Dave Alvin, kunne være av samme slag. Men ach og nei: Amerikansk roots-musikk suger like mye næring fra hestehold og lassokasting som fra blues og storbyrytmer.

The Best of the Hightone Years er en tårekryster med flere gode sentimentale og opprørende låter om fattigdom, svik og utro kvinnebekjentskaper. Denne må jeg nok innta i små doser. Men måten musikken framføres på er roots, antar det kalles contemporary country/americana. Stemningsfullt og til tider svingende fullt av liv, så får man tåle at det kalles køntri her hjemme. Tar den med på gamlehjemmet.

-img_0010-jpg

Active Stian.V.H sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

fra Platekompaniet til sånn ca. 240 kr samla. Ikke dum den derre KOMPIS-greia.

Side 137 av 167 FørsteFørste ... 7 17 27 37 47 57 67 77 87 97 107 117 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 147 157 ... SisteSiste

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •