Endelig er G91 Firmware v1.73 og G98 Firmware v1.73
Hva er forbedret?
The G91 as an example:
· Added Surround mode processing support.
· Added ‘Type 0’ for Surround mode default settings.
· Added DSP presets for Surround mode on soft buttons.
· Added ‘Surround’ to OSD Set-up Application menu.
· Added echoing of front panel display over RS232.
· Added Surround mode support to Maintenance mode.
· Added speaker calibration in OSD Set-up menu.
· Improved lip-sync support.
· Added Aspect Ratio control via ‘Green’ button on MSR+
· Added picture position control via ‘Video’ soft key and ‘Red’ button on MSR+
· Added second option under Video menu and ‘Red’ button to switch off film detection in the scaler.
· Added adjustment for motion-detection window in ‘96’ menu. (Allows scrolling bars, such as on CNN or Sky
News, to be ignored for film detection)
· Added PAL-specific logo screen
Software Fixes – Critical – Software must be updated
Software Fixes – Useful – May be useful to upgrade but not essential
· Fixed tray opening issue when player comes out of standby.
· Added regular updating of tuner stereo/mono field to accurately represent a tuned signal.
· Fixed tuner preset ‘0’ bug.
· Added Japan tuner support.
· Fixed –3 dB issue when feeding Dolby Digital or DTS into the digital input.
· Fixed Standby soft buttons now supporting redefined Source keys.
· Preamp analogue out now muted when Transport mode is selected.
· Improved HD timing on HDMI output (VGA, 720p and 1080i)
· Fixed bug in HD syncs
· Improved motion detection on PAL content
· Fixed down mixing not working correctly on Digital Input
· Fixed bug in bios which stopped dsp code being uploaded.
· Fixed HDMI audio problem.
· Added sector write protection in the bios for failing any uploads which attempt to update a write protected
sector, before the fupload starts.
· Fixed issue with auto configure when selecting a Controller.
· Fixed main digital output when ‘Internal Decode’ is set to ‘No’.
· Fixed dd2.0 when being fed to the digital input going into ProLogic mode when in Transport application.
· Fixed No HDMI setup option which was not storing its altered setting.
'Software Fixes – Minor – Update probably not necessaryImproved high-rate streaming
· Fixed 1-pixel chroma delay on scaled outputs
· Fixed allowing a password to be entered when a disc is loading. This fixes the MSR numeric keys from
appearing locked up once the disc is loaded after password mode is entered.
· Cleaned up 'HDMI colour space' menu and 'HDMI audio source' menu.
· Change G91 preamp dsp error message to appear on the vfd as well as RS232 ('Error DSP2' will appear)
· Added RW Sectors to ID command for detecting protected sectors on the flash module.
Viser resultater 1 til 5 av 5
Tråd: Meridian G98 og G 91
04-06-2005, 09:40 #1
Meridian G98 og G 91
04-06-2005, 10:08 #2
Hva kommer fra Meridian fremmover?
CES 2005: Meridian Audio, have announced a number of new DVD-Audio equipped products at the show, including a new, more affordable G Series processor and a variant of three of its popular award-winning G Series products to include DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) tuners as well as conventional FM reception. The first model available will be the G91DAB DVD-Audio/video player/controller system, followed by the G51DAB receiver and G01DAB controller (Meridian’s term for a preamplifier).
The G91DAB will begin shipping during Q1 2005, with the G01DAB and G51DAB available shortly after. Retail prices to be determined.
New G Series processor is designed for simpler installations
Designed for the smaller, simpler installation, the new G68J from leading British home theatre/audio manufacturer Meridian Audio makes Meridian’s powerful digital signal processing and decoding available to a wider audience with a significantly lowered cost.
The G68J simply leaves out facilities that are required only in more sophisticated, multi-room systems, such as the multi-zone capability. In addition, the G68J does not handle video signals, leaving these to other components. In a typical system, coupling Meridian’s popular and award-winning G98 DVD-Audio/Video player to the G68J allows the G98’s extensive video inputs and on-board scaling to multiple outputs – including HDMI – to be used to supply video from all sources via a single cable to the display, other video inputs being scaled to match the display characteristics and switched in the player. The G68J also does not include a tuner.
The G68 Surround Controller is a unique, modular, and multi-award-winning THX Ultra2 digital-and-analogue A/V surround preamp-processor. It provides a variety of multichannel inputs including two 6-channel digital inputs, thus accepting Meridian MHR Smart Link signals from compatible Meridian disc players. By upsampling these signals, the G68 offers a dramatic improvement in sound quality from movie and multichannel music recordings. Numerous stereo digital and analogue inputs are also present for audio and AV sources, and balanced-out analogue options are available.
The release of the G68J brings the total number of G68 variants to five. The G68D version also does not include video I/O, but provides 10 configurable digital and two analogue outputs, AM/FM RDS/RDBS tuner and multizone/copy audio capability. The G68ADV version includes the tuner, 10 channels of digital out with MHR along with 8 channels of analogue output, full video switching with two S-Video outs, four S-Video ins, two composite outs and four in, plus component out and three component inputs. The included multizone feature also has composite and S-Video capability. The G68AXV replaces the audio outputs described above with six unbalanced and four balanced analogue outputs, while the G68XXV instead provides eight balanced analogue outputs on XLR connectors. The G68J is essentially a G68ADV, but without the tuner, multi-zone capability and video switching.
The G68J is available now, with a US recommended retail price of $6,500.
04-06-2005, 13:35 #3
G01, hva vil det si i forhold til g68? skal snart bestille meg en g68xxv, men hvis det evt kommer en model som også har DAB innebygget, hadde jo det vært noe å vente på. vet du noe om når meridian kommer med oppgraderingen fra 8 til 12 kanaler?
04-06-2005, 14:10 #4
Så vidt meg bedkjent vil G01 være en ren DAB Radio
04-07-2005, 10:06 #5
Nytt til G98
Meridian G98 Product Firmware Release 1.73 (2005-02-09)
Added "DC" RS232 command. This emulates the "Disc" MSR+ button.
Added "ON" RS232 command. This emulates the Front Panel "On/Off" button.
Added "Video off/on" menu selection to the Red MSR button (also available from the 'video' soft button). This allows DVDAs to be played without requiring video output.
DVDA Timed browsable ASVs are implemented.
Software Fixes - Critical - Software must be updated
Software Fixes - Useful - May be useful to upgrade but not essential
Fixed 48k PCM audio not appearing on Aux.
Fixed PAL scaled output missing lines problem.
Improved PAL/NTSC picture quality.
Fixed 'Loading' lock-up when disc is inserted followed by a source change.
Fixed player lock-up due to DVDA without menus being allowed to play to the end of the group. If top-menu was then pressed, false resume information would be stored.
When selecting Transport Application and setting Internal Decode to 'No' the bitstream is now output correctly.
Software Fixes - Minor - Update probably not necessary
Fixed RS232 IR emulation to always handle the command even when the player is not controller.
DVDA Fast-forward and back are completely overhauled.
Fixed an intermittent DVDA debounce problem.
Fixed bad picture during aspect ratio change.
Fixed possible decoder crashes when interrupting an ASV fade or display command.
DVDA fix for handling uninitialized video data. Fixes 'Steely Dan - Everything must go' DVDA.
Fixed source names not being used on OSD Set-up Source menu.
Fixed source Enable not being updated correctly on OSD Set-up Source menu.
Improved switching video for progressive/HDMI output.
Fixed bad video syncing on power-down.
When Typing product, changed soft button 'exit' to 'select'.
Fixed video output being lost due to rapid external source switching.
Improved external Video input locking reliability.
On OSD set-up exit, the video gets now gets completely reinitialized to allow resolution changes to take effect without requiring the player to go into Standby first.