Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Experience with eAR Amplifers?

Hello,

I am looking on the http://www.acoustic-reality.com/ web site at the eAR 1001, 501 etc amplifers that are made in Denmark. Does anyone on this forum have experience (good or bad) with these or other eAR amplifiers?

Thanks

Geoff Costello

Expert jfinneru sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    1 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    hey aussie geoff wait for the midgard amps I told you about on mail. the danish amps are rather similar with icepower and all, but not completly. i will get the constructer of the midgard amps to give an answer here. He also know something about the danish amps I guess.
    Videokalibrerer
    AV-tekniker
    Crestronprogrammerer
    AMX Programmerer
    Freelance AV-journalist

afinner@online.no

Guru Snickers-is sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Welcome to the forum Mr Costello!

The Acoustic Reality amps and our own amps are tecnically simmilar. It is more a matter of design and taste. One other big difference is that the Midgard amps (and speakers) will be available thru dealers, and not only in a factory outlet.

Here you can se some computer drawings on the new design:http://www.midgardaudio.no/extranet/PowerMaster/

From clip 19 and up you can se the front panel that is removeable.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Re: Experience with eAR Amplifers?

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Anonymous
    Hello,

I am looking on the http://www.acoustic-reality.com/ web site at the eAR 1001, 501 etc amplifers that are made in Denmark. Does anyone on this forum have experience (good or bad) with these or other eAR amplifiers?

Thanks

Geoff Costello
    Hi Geoff.

Try looking at hifi4all.dk(danish) or perhaps audiogon.com. Both of these sites have discussions of the ear amplifiers, which are supposed to be stunning at the price.

As you probably know, the amplificers are based on B&O ICE Power modules and not much else. Therefore, if you do not like the look of the amplifiers, there will probabely be some other manufacturer with a better packing.

The midgaard audio mentioned above seems to be FUD. They do not even have a website, let alone a product. I would not consider them as of yet.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2002
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I have a pair of eAR1001 monoblocks, and i will gladly recommend them. Don't know of anything in this pricerange new or used that will give you better sound or more dynamics for the bucks. Of course, there are ultra high-end stuff out there that probably will sound better, but if you don't have the cash for Krell, ML, and so on, buy a pair... :P

Uregistrert

Smile

Hello,

Thanks

Geoff Costello
    It is inkredibol

Intermediate PiXeL sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Apr 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Uregistrert
    inkredibol
    ?! :-?

Intermediate mg_martin sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    I think he tried to say "Incredible"

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    The midgaard audio mentioned above seems to be FUD. They do not even have a website, let alone a product. I would not consider them as of yet.
    That is incorrect. Many of the forum users use Midgard amps, and it is Midgard not Midgaard. Maybe that is why you thought they didn't have a website, which is

http://www.midgardaudio.no/

Hope you find something to your liking!

P.S. Midgaard would in Norway be pronounced quite differently to Midgard, as aa is another vowel called å. Å is not all that far from "o" in the English word "so". In Norway, we don't use double vowels to prolong the pronunciation (as in English "free"), it is dependent on the following consonants. Well, guess that's enough grammar for one day :-D

Guru Snickers-is sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    If you look at the dates of the posts, the one you quoted was posted in february 2005. At that moment we did not have the amps on our website yet, and the amps we supplied at that moment were the old ones (before Oberon).

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •