Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

Help badly needed asap :/

Im gonna try to keep this as short and to the point as possible.

1. I have an Onkyo NR 609 bought yesterday.
    2. I dont have speakers hence what I need help with. The 2 set's I really like (design wise) are:

- Dynavoice F6 EX
    - Proson Conquest MK2

Having said that, here is what Im struggling with:

1. Which set is better ( when I say set I mean 4 speakers + center) and if possible why.
    2. Is my amplifier good enough to run them efficiently, regardless the set I will chose?

I have a little 8" subwoofer that will complete the set up. The room is small, about 4x4 m. The set up will be used for watching tv (cable/movies) and for occasional music playing ( mostly party).

Please help me choose as I been spending the whole night trying to read/learn but I still didnt turn any smarter.
    As far as I could see on the forums, opinions are shared as to which set is better than the other.

The Dynavoice set costs 3k while the Proson set I can buy for 2.5k. So, there is a difference of 500 nkr that I really dont care about.
    All I want is a real cool experience when Im watching a movie via my PS3 and I want a decent "bang" when I'll have a party.

Please help me.

P.S. Again ( I mentioned this before) I understand norwegian perfectly so no english required, unless you guys want to practice or are like me: better in english than norwegian.
    Much appreciated folks

Intermediate kingu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Aug 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Couldn't quite find the conquest mk2s on prosons site, are they legacy speakers?
    Proson sports a rich line of floorstanding cabinets, with multiple entries in "conquest mk2"

The dynavoice contender seems like the weaker set of the two though. It relies too much on a limited two way 1+2 design where the difference between the two is too big. The top end will thus have an uneven radiation pattern vertically since its not MTM D'appolito. In my opinion the esoteric value is also a hard sell. They have addressed this on their higher spec models.

Bass-reflex on the back doesn't do wonders up close to the back wall, where i imagine they will be relegated to in short order after purchase. That is a consideration detrimental to both options.

From the info i could find the Proson 6030 MK2 seems to scale better, using the same general concept from the surround all the way up to the fronts, given the addition of an extra driver with each bump and the added enclosure space to go with it.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av kingu
    Couldn't quite find the conquest mk2s on prosons site, are they legacy speakers?
    Proson sports a rich line of floorstanding cabinets, with multiple entries in "conquest mk2"

The dynavoice contender seems like the weaker set of the two though. It relies too much on a limited two way 1+2 design where the difference between the two is too big. The top end will thus have an uneven radiation pattern vertically since its not MTM D'appolito. In my opinion the esoteric value is also a hard sell. They have addressed this on their higher spec models.

Bass-reflex on the back doesn't do wonders up close to the back wall, where i imagine they will be relegated to in short order after purchase. That is a consideration detrimental to both options.

From the info i could find the Proson 6030 MK2 seems to scale better, using the same general concept from the surround all the way up to the fronts, given the addition of an extra driver with each bump and the added enclosure space to go with it.
    Your input is much appreciated. I think you made a good point ( out of my VERY limited understanding regarding sound/speakers/elements/ohm/watts and all that) and yes, you are right. The speakers will end up with their back against the wall as soon as I get them.

How is my AV receiver looking like though? In a combination with the Proson speakers I mentioned above? Is it powerful enough?Is it a good match?

P.S. Here are the speakers I'm talking about: Proson Conquest 6030 MK2 Black Oak Proson | Surround.no - Høyttaler-spesialisten

Medlem siden
    Aug 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Dynavoice Definition DF-6 Walnut Dynavoice | Surround.no - Høyttaler-spesialisten
    Double up on these. With the option to get one pair first. Unheard of value for money with your receiver choice.

Edit: Snap a picture of your room.

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Dynavoice Definition DF-6 Walnut Dynavoice | Surround.no - Høyttaler-spesialisten
    Double up on these. With the option to get one pair first. Unheard of value for money with your receiver choice.

Edit: Snap a picture of your room.
    Those are too expensive for my budget mate. Hence why I chose the two options presented in the beginning of the thread.

Right now Im using 2 front from Dynavoice: M65 the old type ( I think they were the first in the series) together with 2 back also from Dynavoice (Dynavoice Magic FX-4 EX Black Dynavoice | Surround.no - Høyttaler-spesialisten) a RIDICULOUS center from Philips ( really really small) and a subwoofer from JAMO ( 8")

Again, everything on budget. All that combined with a 50" plasma from Panasonic and a PS3.
    I will post pics of the room later today ( gotta clean first )
    However, the room is almost square ( 4m x 3,75m) but actually is created as as an L, where the shortest part of the L is the kitchen ( small basement apartment)
    All the speakers are in the longer part of the L though. Does it make any sense? I'll post pics regardless.

Edit: Here are the pics of the room. Poor quality due to the pics taken with a cell phone.

As you can see ( hopefully) the room isnt big.

Medlem siden
    Aug 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    So the difference between 2.5k and 3k is unimportant, but 3.5k is all of a sudden too expensive? I don't think thats a whole lot more for a better speaker based on a better design for your room. Id hold off on it till i could accumulate the funds.

If you want to get the best purchase get proson reality 69 MK3 used.

Edit: What kind of speakers do you have now?

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    So the difference between 2.5k and 3k is unimportant, but 3.5k is all of a sudden too expensive? I don't think thats a whole lot more for a better speaker based on a better design for your room. Id hold off on it till i could accumulate the funds.

If you want to get the best purchase get proson reality 69 MK3 used.

Edit: What kind of speakers do you have now?
    I think you missunderstood a little.

For 2500/3000 respectively, I get I get all 5 speakers ( no woofer)
    While for the speakers you linked me to, I have to pay 3500 for only the front. Considering the others needed it will blow up my budget.

The speakers Im using now are Dynavoice M65 as fronts ( I believe the first model of the series, ergo the old type) and Dynavoice F6 as rear.
    The center is a pathetic little thing from Philips ( as you can perhaps see in the picture).
    The woofer is a JAMO 8".

Medlem siden
    Aug 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Ok. thought you were buying them from surround.no Something didnt quite add up. For 3k someone is giving away speakers, not sure if legit. Get the prosons though.

Intermediate BoGGis sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Why not purchase the Dynavoice DF6's and put your M65's as rear speakers instead? I seriously think the M65's you already have are almost as good as those you were thinking about buying.

Intermediate HK_Xclio sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Nov 2008
    Sted
    Sørreisa
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Quasimodo
    I think you missunderstood a little.

For 2500/3000 respectively, I get I get all 5 speakers ( no woofer)
    While for the speakers you linked me to, I have to pay 3500 for only the front. Considering the others needed it will blow up my budget.

The speakers Im using now are Dynavoice M65 as fronts ( I believe the first model of the series, ergo the old type) and Dynavoice F6 as rear.
    The center is a pathetic little thing from Philips ( as you can perhaps see in the picture).
    The woofer is a JAMO 8".
    Ettersom jeg forstår så er vell hovedsaken att du får en bedre opplevelse å litt mere donk donk fra opsettet. I denne sammenhengen så ser jeg faktisk ingen vits i å bytte ut alt av høytalere siden du ikke skal gå opp i prisklasse. M65 å bakhøytalerne er like greit å beholde istedenfor å kjøpe noe som ikke er noe særlig bedre. M65 har fått god kritikk, og er ett veldig godt alternativ pga pris. Jeg ville invistert i effekttrinn og en god subwoofer, sammtitid som jeg ville byttet ut den sentern. Huska att 90% av alt som skjer på filmen kommer i fra senter. Når det gjelder den Onkyoen du har kjøpt, så er det vell ikke fra øverste hylle, den vil ikke klare å drive hele opsettet ditt til maks. Litt mere watt på fronter, og en god sub. samt en mye bedre center. så har du alt du trenger

Mitt forslag er å begynne med centern
    Panasonic VT-50 65" - Klipsch RF-7MKII - RC-64MKII - RS-62MKI - SvS PB13Ultra - Yamaha RX-V3800 - Parasound NC 2250 - HeadFi -> Little Dot MKII - Grado SR80i

Mvh
    Svein S

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av HK_Xclio
    Ettersom jeg forstår så er vell hovedsaken att du får en bedre opplevelse å litt mere donk donk fra opsettet. I denne sammenhengen så ser jeg faktisk ingen vits i å bytte ut alt av høytalere siden du ikke skal gå opp i prisklasse. M65 å bakhøytalerne er like greit å beholde istedenfor å kjøpe noe som ikke er noe særlig bedre. M65 har fått god kritikk, og er ett veldig godt alternativ pga pris. Jeg ville invistert i effekttrinn og en god subwoofer, sammtitid som jeg ville byttet ut den sentern. Huska att 90% av alt som skjer på filmen kommer i fra senter. Når det gjelder den Onkyoen du har kjøpt, så er det vell ikke fra øverste hylle, den vil ikke klare å drive hele opsettet ditt til maks. Litt mere watt på fronter, og en god sub. samt en mye bedre center. så har du alt du trenger

Mitt forslag er å begynne med centern
    That makes perfect sense indeed. So assuming I get a new/better center and a better subwoofer, will my receiver be good enough then ? What exactly is the problem with it if I can ask ? Not strong enough or...? I did a lot of reading before buying it and that Onkyo got awesome reviews both in Norway and abroad.

Anyway, I will get a new center and a bigger ( ?) subwoofer. Will that fix the shortcomings of my receiver overall then? Eventually, can anyone recommend a subwoofer that will work good with my receiver/speakers/room? Please? A budget one?

Jamo, Radionette, Mgr og Genexxa - FINN Torget <----- could any of those 2 centers be something for me ?
    psb c-40 senterhøytaler till salgs - FINN Torget <---- Or maybe this one?

Medlem siden
    Aug 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Go for the 5.0 and add onto that with fronts and sub for 7.1?

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Go for the 5.0 and add onto that with fronts and sub for 7.1?
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. Any particular 5.0 you had in mind or were you talking generally?
    And whats your opinion on the centers I post links to ?

Medlem siden
    Nov 2008
    Sted
    Sørreisa
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Onkyo har meget god lydkvalitet, gode romkorreksjoner og slikt. Men når det kommer til kraft, så er det akkurat der du kommer til å slite. NESTEN alle recievere har begrenset med krefter. Yamaha/Onkyo osv oppgir sine forsterkere i langt over 100w pr kanal mens i realiteten så leverer di kanskje 40w rms. Om den Onkyoen har Pre-out på alle kanaler, så kan du etterhvert invistere i en Emotiva Xpa-5 som kommer til å lande på rundt 6000kr, da vil du ha krefter i massevis til alle høytalerne dine.

Når det gjelder subwoofer, så vil den løfte lydbildet ditt drastisk om du har mangel på bass fra høyttalere. En Velodyne Cht-12Q eller 15Q tror jeg ville passet ypperlig til ditt bruk. Om den vil passe i rommet er uvist og er vannskelig å si før du faktisk har prøvd det. Plasering av sub og høyttalere er også viktig.
    Uans om denne/disse subbene faktisk er litt dyre, så kommer di til å levere mye morro i lang tid. Jeg ville iaf jaktet på bruktmarkedet, det er utrolig hva man finner der

Senterkanalen bør vell helst matche så godt som mulig med frontene, men det er jo seff smak å behag. Det blir vannskelig for meg å komme med annbefalninger når det gjelder senter, da jeg ikke har hørt så mange i denne prisklassen. Om du har mulighet, så ville jeg tatt meg en rundtur rundt om på forskjellige hifibutikker å hørt på sentere i din prisklasse, og kanskje noen som er LITT dyrere. Så får du selv høre hva du tror vil fungere best. JBL/Klipsch/B&W/Dali er noen merker du kan ta en titt på.

Beklager om det ble vannskelig å lese eller om det ble skrivefeil osv. men det gikk fort i svingene nå, å er på tur i seng etter en lang natt på jobb
    Panasonic VT-50 65" - Klipsch RF-7MKII - RC-64MKII - RS-62MKI - SvS PB13Ultra - Yamaha RX-V3800 - Parasound NC 2250 - HeadFi -> Little Dot MKII - Grado SR80i

Mvh
    Svein S

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Onkyo har meget god lydkvalitet, gode romkorreksjoner og slikt. Men når det kommer til kraft, så er det akkurat der du kommer til å slite. NESTEN alle recievere har begrenset med krefter. Yamaha/Onkyo osv oppgir sine forsterkere i langt over 100w pr kanal mens i realiteten så leverer di kanskje 40w rms. Om den Onkyoen har Pre-out på alle kanaler, så kan du etterhvert invistere i en Emotiva Xpa-5 som kommer til å lande på rundt 6000kr, da vil du ha krefter i massevis til alle høytalerne dine.

Når det gjelder subwoofer, så vil den løfte lydbildet ditt drastisk om du har mangel på bass fra høyttalere. En Velodyne Cht-12Q eller 15Q tror jeg ville passet ypperlig til ditt bruk. Om den vil passe i rommet er uvist og er vannskelig å si før du faktisk har prøvd det. Plasering av sub og høyttalere er også viktig.
    Uans om denne/disse subbene faktisk er litt dyre, så kommer di til å levere mye morro i lang tid. Jeg ville iaf jaktet på bruktmarkedet, det er utrolig hva man finner der

Senterkanalen bør vell helst matche så godt som mulig med frontene, men det er jo seff smak å behag. Det blir vannskelig for meg å komme med annbefalninger når det gjelder senter, da jeg ikke har hørt så mange i denne prisklassen. Om du har mulighet, så ville jeg tatt meg en rundtur rundt om på forskjellige hifibutikker å hørt på sentere i din prisklasse, og kanskje noen som er LITT dyrere. Så får du selv høre hva du tror vil fungere best. JBL/Klipsch/B&W/Dali er noen merker du kan ta en titt på.

Beklager om det ble vannskelig å lese eller om det ble skrivefeil osv. men det gikk fort i svingene nå, å er på tur i seng etter en lang natt på jobb
    TUSEN TAKK for meget bra svar !
    Now, lets assume I find a decent center. And let's assume I find a decent subwoofer as well.
    Will my Onkyo be good enough to run them or...? I mean, you mention something about power and since Im a total moron when it comes to technical stuff, I wonder: what if my receiver just isnt strong/powerful enough? What is the immediate effect of that?
    Eventually, is there any point at all investing in a center/woofer as long as my receiver is incapable of running them ?

Oh and please have a look at the centers I posted above. Could any of those be something for me ?

P.S. bare in mind that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about sound/watts/ohm/ etc. Nothing at all.

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Most subwoofer's are active, which means it has a build in amplifier and therefore wont use any of the receivers power. Actually a subwoofer means that the receiver can tune down the deepest bass from the front speakers and that makes it an easier job for the receiver to power them.

This is a pretty good sub, high value for your money.

XTZ 99 W10.16 Sort Matt 10" | Surround.no - Høyttaler-spesialisten

Medlem siden
    Nov 2008
    Sted
    Sørreisa
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Kunne ikke sakt det noe bedre enn magb gjorde, og den xtz'en leverer mye bass for pengene. Ville dog heller gått for noe større som f.eks 12" til xtz evt. Men da snakker vi samme prisklasse som velodyne sin 12"

Psb er gode høytalere, men det skal sies att jeg ikke har hørt psb i annet enn 10 000kr +++ klassen. Vil uans tro den er mye bedre enn den du har

DALI LEKTOR LCR Senterhøyttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben

B&W HTM62 Senterhøyttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben

DALI IKON VOKAL 2 MK2 Senterhøyttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben

JBL ES25C Senterhøyttaler - Sort

Dynaudio Excite X22 Senterhøyttaler - Sort

KEF Q200c

Klipsch RC-52.2

Kef q200c har jeg stor tro på, samt Klipsch sin RC-52. Mange av disse her ovenfor har jeg ikke hørt selv, men nå letet jeg frem noen du kan ta en titt/lese på som ligger CA i din prisklasse. Det er dine ører som bestemmer

Hvor bor du i landet? mulighet til å besøke hifiklubben/soundgarden/stereofil?!

Mvh
    Svein S

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Kunne ikke sakt det noe bedre enn magb gjorde, og den xtz'en leverer mye bass for pengene. Ville dog heller gått for noe større som f.eks 12" til xtz evt. Men da snakker vi samme prisklasse som velodyne sin 12"

Psb er gode høytalere, men det skal sies att jeg ikke har hørt psb i annet enn 10 000kr +++ klassen. Vil uans tro den er mye bedre enn den du har

DALI LEKTOR LCR Senterhøyttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben

B&W HTM62 Senterhøyttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben

DALI IKON VOKAL 2 MK2 Senterhøyttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben

JBL ES25C Senterhøyttaler - Sort

Dynaudio Excite X22 Senterhøyttaler - Sort

KEF Q200c

Klipsch RC-52.2

Kef q200c har jeg stor tro på, samt Klipsch sin RC-52. Mange av disse her ovenfor har jeg ikke hørt selv, men nå letet jeg frem noen du kan ta en titt/lese på som ligger CA i din prisklasse. Det er dine ører som bestemmer

Hvor bor du i landet? mulighet til å besøke hifiklubben/soundgarden/stereofil?!
    No unfortunately. I live in Sandefjord so all my shopping is done either on line ( komplett/finn) or simply Elkjøp and such.

Also, I much rather buy a center already used( thus cheaper) until I can save the cash and rebuild my entire system from scratch.
    Thats why I asked your opinion about those 2 centers that I found on finn.no

Medlem siden
    Nov 2008
    Sted
    Sørreisa
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    ville vell gått for psb'en om valget stod mellom di 2 som du fant.

Fant noen flere til salgs på finn.no

Bowers&Wilkins HTM61 Senterhøyttaler - høystbudende - FINN Torget
    Bowers & Wilkins HTM62 - FINN Torget

Htm-61 er en bra sak, og den koster faktisk over 5k hos hifiklubben nå, å det skader ikke å prute litt xD

Mvh
    Svein S

Medlem siden
    Aug 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback

Smile

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Quasimodo
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. Any particular 5.0 you had in mind or were you talking generally?
    And whats your opinion on the centers I post links to ?
    Get the proson 5 speaker set you were talking about for a few thousand. You can pair it with the ones you have from before. Ideally you would have 7 of the same, but i dont think the others are that much better than the ones you have.

The benefit of having a more similar set-up for the times when all 7 speakers are in use isnt worth much anyhow.
    *. is the amount of fullrange speakers. .* is the amount of subwoofer channels.

All the music, predominantly CD based, is 2ch stereo, meaning two speakers.

Dvd uses up to 5 and blu-ray even more, generally.

So what im saying is to an extreme even though a set of stereo speakers are more expensive than a whole set of 5.0 it may be a better purchase if all the time listening is spent on stereo CD music.

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •