Jan 2011
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    (0% positive tilbakemeldinger)

EPL in Norway - English commentary

Is it possible to get all EPL games in Norway with English commentary?

What solutions are available?

I can stream them all but quality is not so great.

I have Get cable at the moment but dont mind paying if its guaranteed to get all the games.

I dont mind getting it for "cheap" either?

Intermediate
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2007
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Epl?

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2009
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    EPL = Engelsk Premier League?

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    EPL = English Premier League

You can pay for TV2 Sumo on the internet I believe, and get access to all PL games that are broadcasted. Not sure about the price here, or the quality but should be decent.

Or

You can pay 199kr a month for TV2 Premier League (HD) and get three Premier League channels through your GET Box in high def. On Saturdays they'll all broadcast one game each, with the main game being on TV2 Premier League 1 with Norwegian commentary - the other two will have English commentary.

I think you can get a HD Box from GET for free, if you want a PVR (recorder) that costs 99kr per month.

Good luck!

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jan 2011
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Thanks...
    Will the SUMO TV2 games have english commentary?

I note the streams I get always have english commentary even 15:00 sat kick offs. Is there no way of getting that channel here, thinks its from Holland?

Active 1DrE sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    May 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Speaking of which, there are actually those of us here in Norway who wants TV2 to give us the choice of norwegian/english(original) commentary even on the main games that usually are in norwegian. Once during technical difficulties, they actually gave up reaching their own commentators at the ground, and broadcast the english instead, so since they purchase the broadcast from England and simply replace the commentaries, this should not be much of an effort.

I prefer english as well, mainly because they seem to have a better understanding of the game and english football in general. Also, they are always at the ground, never solo, and are a lot more comfortable to listen to.

As for todays solution, I don't think you can work around the norwegian commentary on most of the games broadcast by TV2 here in Norway. Hope I'm wrong though...

Best of luck!

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av 1DrE
    I prefer english as well, mainly because they seem to have a better understanding of the game and english football in general. Also, they are always at the ground, never solo, and are a lot more comfortable to listen to.
    In my opinion this is a myth, but I have noticed that a lot of people seem to think so - but that is a separate discussion altogether I highly agree that people should have a choice though.

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av full of bull
    Thanks...
    Will the SUMO TV2 games have english commentary?

I note the streams I get always have english commentary even 15:00 sat kick offs. Is there no way of getting that channel here, thinks its from Holland?
    All games except the main game on TV2 PL HD1 will have English commentary I believe. On Saturdays that means you'll have a nice selection of games to choose from, while on other match days you might only get one game.

For more info on this you can check out this link to see which games are being shown on the various channels:

altomfotball.no - Premier League - Terminliste

Active 1DrE sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    May 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    Sitat Opprinnelig postet av yuran
    All games except the main game on TV2 PL HD1 will have English commentary I believe.
    So did I, yet during the (horrible) game of Blackburn - Liverpool last night, I once again had to endure listening to a semi-concentrated, sole norwegian chap, mistaking players (J. Cole for Maxi, Babel for N'Gog and so on).

... on TV2 PL HD3.

Intermediate OleM sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    Jul 2003
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    So did I, yet during the (horrible) game of Blackburn - Liverpool last night, I once again had to endure listening to a semi-concentrated, sole norwegian chap, mistaking players (J. Cole for Maxi, Babel for N'Gog and so on).

... on TV2 PL HD3.
    Yes, sometimes even TV2 PL HD2 and HD3 carries Norwegian commentaries.

Although the game in question was horribly depressing, I actually find this particular "Norwegian chap" to be quite decent in his commentaries.
    He knows the game, he actually knows the rules.. and he also recognizes most of the celebrity spectators and fotball capacities being zoomed in on during games. I think he’s overall doing a good job. And that the minor odd mistake of confusing players does not take anything away from that.

Active 1DrE sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    May 2006
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    All right, I might have been a bit harsh on him, but only in comparison to the original commentaries in English

Perhaps the game itself turned me a bit sour...

Newcomer
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Poster
    Takk & like
    Nevnt
    0 post(er)
    AVtorget feedback
    All right, I might have been a bit harsh on him, but only in comparison to the original commentaries in English

Perhaps the game itself turned me a bit sour...
    Arte et labore! Game was brilliant.

Anyway, thought they always only did once game with Norwegian commentary but obviously I was wrong. As a general rule I will claim that normally at least one of three games shown through cable has English commentary - and there's guaranteed English commentary through TV2 Sumo.

Stikkord for denne tråden

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •